3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2014 8:14 PM by A.T. Romano

Menu

granolakid Level 1

Is there a way to disable the menu and submenu that I created for my DVD in Premiere Elements 11 then reconnect it to make a copy for Public Access?  The Public Access station is going to run my movie but would prefer if there was no menu.  If this is more trouble than it's worth, I would hope they could work it out.

Thanks.

barb

• 1. Re: Menu
          A.T. Romano Level 7

barb

This is easy to do but I need details on what you have been presenting to Public Access in order to give you the exact details for the how to.

If you are presenting them with a DVD disc on which is DVD-VIDEO with menus and you want to give them a DVD disc on which there is DVD-VIDEO without menus, then.....

Open the Premiere Elements 11 project involved to its Expert workspace, go to File Menu/Save A Copy and do just that, giving the copy a new name...this will be your project copy with menus.

Continue in the project that you are in then and go to Tools Menu/Movie Menu which should open to your current disc menu displaying.

In the Movie Menu customization menu hit the Reset button to clear the current disc menu.

Proceed to Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc.

Click No to the messages about whether or not you want disc menus.

Continue to burn the Timeline content to DVD-VIDEO without disc menus on DVD disc.

RESET Button....Top right of Movie Customization area....to right of Done button....

Reset.JPG

If the situation is other than what I have described above, please let me know, and I will adjust the details accordingly.

ATR

Add On...

Just a reminder...even if a project.prel (project files) has disc menus included), when you export that project to file saved to the computer hard drive, the export does not contain menus.

• 2. Re: Menu
            granolakid Level 1

Can the menu be discarded on the copy, or does this have to be done on the

original only?

barb

On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 5:28 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 3. Re: Menu
              A.T. Romano Level 7

barb

The copy of the project and the original project from which the copy is made are the same at the start.

The only reason that I suggested a copy plus original here was to allow you the opportunity to use either version of the project when you followed the instructions and needed one or the other.

If you do not want to keep a version with menu, then

a. do not make a copy

b. work from the original project file

and

Continue in the project that you are in then and go to Tools Menu/Movie Menu which should open to your current disc menu displaying.

In the Movie Menu customization menu hit the Reset button to clear the current disc menu.

Proceed to Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc.

Click No to the messages about whether or not you want disc menus.

Continue to burn the Timeline content to DVD-VIDEO without disc menus on DVD disc.

RESET Button....Top right of Movie Customization area....to right of Done button....

Reset.JPG

Please let me know if you are OK with the suggestion. Any questions on this or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR