22 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2014 10:21 AM by wendypics6

contact customer support by phone?

wendypics6

This has to be the worst customer support I have ever experienced.  The chat SUCKS.  I waited over 20 min to to be sent to the 'right place to help with my problem' only to be disconnected.  I had to reboot my whole computer to be able to chat again, and then I was unable to send my comments to ask for help!!!  WTH?  The money I paid for this product is NOT WORTH IT.  Does anyone know if there is a PHONE NUMBER where I can actually talk to someone??  I was enjoying Lightroom until I got locked out of develo mode.  I KNOW The problem is probably because I paid the flat rate for the product and not the monthly combo (tried that too...another nightmare), and adobe must think I have to pay monthly.  I think I need my money back.  IT's not worth this aggravation.  How can I talk to someone??

• 1. Re: contact customer support by phone?
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There are usually both Chat and Phone options listed when you click Still Need Help if both are available.  Imaging phone support is like chat except the person on the other end has a thick accent and you still have to wait just as long as chat and can get disconnected just as easily.

Since you mention being locked out of develop mode, this is just a guess, but that could be a well-known problem that Adobe has a help page for:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/unable-launch-lightroom-55.html

• 2. Re: contact customer support by phone?
            Kmaehassen

I Know what you mean.  I have tried for over a month to find someone who can advise me how I can get my serial number, have tried to ring and they say Lightroom is not a phone option, neither is this chat forum obviously, paid good money and cant use it now my 30 day free trial is up

• 3. Re: contact customer support by phone?
              southafricaboy

Interesting what you have said, I am considering buying LR but the Student teacher version but I am a UK citizen studying in Africa out in the bush and have very little internet access (once a week for about an hour on a very slow connection) ! If you are having this type of problem what chance do I have!

• 4. Re: contact customer support by phone?
                wendypics6 Level 1

If the phone option was listed I would not have been desperate enough to post here. LOL!  When I tried to do the monthly combo I had issues too and spent HOURS with their crappy customer support.  I thought flat out purchasing Lightroom would be the answer.  I don't have much free time for my photography, never mind this time trying to fix a product I bought in good faith.  I will try again tonight and if that does not work I will dispute the charge on my credit card. And I did try finding the answer, yes others had the problem too - but their step by step guide got me nowhere.  It must be outdated.

Lightroom/Adobe = SCAM!!!

• 5. Re: contact customer support by phone?

When you say you paid the flat rate for LR, you mean you bought a serial number, or do you mean you paid for one year all at once and you have the cloud option?

• 6. Re: contact customer support by phone?

The cloud supposedly only needs to talk with Adobe servers once every 3 months if there is no internet connection, but if there is an internet connection then it expects you to log in to license the software.  Downloading updates would be out of the question on a slow internet connection.

If you only use LR then buying the version that uses a serial number for licensing would seem the right thing to do, rather than trying to authenticate to the cloud over an iffy internet connection.

• 7. Re: contact customer support by phone?
                      anadigipics

Unfortunately, I encountered the same problem for various times now. One cannot get in touch with anyone human. The automatic voice is putting you into some numbered orbit, but is not of real help. Sorry for not being of any good help to you, but let´s wipe our tears jointly.

• 8. Re: contact customer support by phone?
                        JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It seems to be well known that Adobe's telephone support is a disaster. So instead of bashing on it you might want to express your problem here in the forum. While it's true that we are not Adobe employees, I think you will find there is a wealth of qualified individuals who can probably help you resolve your problems. And it might be a good idea to start a new thread with a brief description of the problem on the subject line.

• 9. Re: contact customer support by phone?
                          wendypics6 Level 1

I bought a serial number. I logged into "my account" this morning and saw they had no record of my serial number so I added it. It was accepted.  Now I don't know what steps I need to take. Cloud will not allow me to "sign in" because they want me to pay. I bought lightroom for $158.31 so I would not have to deal with cloud and all Adobe's horrific customer "support".

• 10. Re: contact customer support by phone?
                            Kmaehassen Level 1

Lucky you wendypics6, all I want is the serial number, I also didn't want to use cloud, so purchased the full product..now I have a product I can't use and no one is even telling me how to fix it

• 11. Re: contact customer support by phone?
                              wendypics6 Level 1

I guess I'm lucky I was able to find the serial number.  It was in the email Adobe sent me when I first purchases Lightroom, maybe you could find yours?  It's the only way I was able to find mine.  However, it has not helped.  I spent half the day online with customer support....very grateful I was able to even "CHAT" with someone, but it did not help.  They had me delete and reinstall and I'm still having the same exact problem.  I don't understand why -when you get booted off of one chat you need to reboot your computer to chat again.  And I made sure to look every time; there is no phone number listed to call.

• 12. Re: contact customer support by phone?
                                wendypics6 Level 1

Jimhess you made me LOL.  I do think I'm entitled to feeling frustrated-what you call 'bashing'.  I have found out there is NO phone support anywhere to be found.  You do bring up a good point about posting the original problem.  I will give it a shot before I totally throw in the towel.  Shame on Adobe for not backing up their products.

• 13. Re: contact customer support by phone?
                                  JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

That was probably a poor choice of words. But really, it doesn't do a lot of good to come here to complain about Adobe or their support (or lack thereof). Just about everyone who replies here is a user like yourself, no association with Adobe other than a user of their products. And after a while complaints just get tiresome. I understand your frustration. Some people really have problems with Lightroom. Some of us can help solve the problems, but we can't do anything about how Adobe has chosen to provide support.

• 14. Re: contact customer support by phone?
                                    wendypics6 Level 1

My question was HOW to contact via phone.  Yes there was a lot of frustration driven complaints thrown in there, but the post was a question - not just a complaint.  I'm aware of how the boards work.  I honestly don't think Adobe cares about their customers, it leads us here - relying on other customers to solve the many issues?  This is a large issue, not a simple question on how something works within lightroom.  I'd expect to come to the boards to ask others for tips and advice how-to's.  Not solve a software issue - but that is just my opinion.  I've seen on the boards my issue is extremely common and I'm not the only frustrated one.  I paid good money for this product (as did everyone else) and I expect it to function, or to get help by the COMPANY when the issue is their fault.  Not other customers.  Very nice for people to donate their time....but should not be expected to fix adobe's problems.

Just my opinion and I'm making one last attempt to actually fix the program before leaving Lightroom and Adobe products behind.

• 15. Re: contact customer support by phone?
                                      RikkFlohr Adobe Community Professional

wendypics6 - What country do you live in?

• 16. Re: contact customer support by phone?
                                        wendypics6 Level 1

Rikk I'm in USA. 

• 17. Re: contact customer support by phone?

Log into Adobe.com with your Creative Cloud ID and click on Learning and Support at the bottom of the page. Follow the prompts and you will be taken to a page that allows you to initiate chat or gives you the phone number.

• 18. Re: Re: contact customer support by phone?
                                            BKKDon Level 4

I was enjoying Lightroom until I got locked out of develo mode.  I KNOW The problem is probably because I paid the flat rate for the product and not the monthly combo (tried that too...another nightmare), and adobe must think I have to pay monthly.

Hi,

It seems as though the problem here is actually of your own making. If you have stopped your CC sub of course the CC product you have on your PC will lock you out.

What you need to do is, although you don't say Win or Mac, is uninstall Lightroom CC ... log out of CC ... uninstall CC then ---

Download lightroom from:

Adobe - Lightroom : For Windows OR

Adobe - Lightroom : For Macintosh

Install the correct one, start Lightroom and enter the Serial.

Easy!

• 19. Re: contact customer support by phone?
                                              wendypics6 Level 1

Hi Rikk,

Thank you but this is no phone number listed.  Only a chat option and that does not always work either.  Now I've deleted Lightroom I don't even have that.  It's currently uploading for the third time, the first two times failed.  I've started another thread with the specific issue listed.

• 20. Re: Re: contact customer support by phone?
                                                wendypics6 Level 1

BKKDon,

Wow -thanks for being so helpful!  And so sweet about it too.    I'm so glad to hear this is all my own fault-that really helps!

And -yes I've done that.  Apparently it's NOT easy because it did not work.  I'm currently trying to download Lightroom for the third time.  Maybe thats the charm?

I've started another thread with the exact issue, as suggested by another kind user of this forum.

• 21. Re: contact customer support by phone?

If you have let your Creative Cloud subscription lapse, that is why you cannot get to a phone number.  I have to log in with an active CC account to get to it.

• 22. Re: contact customer support by phone?
                                                    wendypics6 Level 1

I do not have a creative cloud subscription.  I still paid good money for my program. 

In case anyone else reads through the thread trying to actually find an answer to my question (no one provided) I did ask today during a chat.  Here is what I was told:

Wendy: Is there a phone number I can call if this installation does not work?

Alok: You can try calling 1800 833 6687

Alok: Thank you for contacting Adobe.  We are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Goodbye!