• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embeded Images

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2007 Apr 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No sure if this has been discussed before but does anyone know how RH references images that are used within help topic pages. I have a RH project that has .bmp and .gif images used in many of the help topics. I brought the image in using the image dialog and can see the .bmp file in the main folder directory but when I compile the .chm file it does not seem that the image is embeded in the file but is referenced from the .chm file. One of the reasons I believe this is that the total size of the .chm file is maybe 1.5 MB and I have at least 7 .bmp files which are 2+ MB is size. If I move the .chm file to another machine won't the images turn up as missing? When I look at the propertities of a .bmp image when running the .chm file it appears to be referencing an offset into the .chm file but this size thing has me wondering.

Thanks for any inputs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2007 Apr 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
With compiled help, the .chm file is all you need to copy to other machines.

Try it out...seeing is believing!

-Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp