Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error code 1723

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2007 Apr 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

folks,

i am loading a demo laptop with the robohelp6 trial. eventually, it gives a mesage:

error code 1723: problem with windows installer package. a dll required could not be run. contact administrator. contact support.

the problem is i am 'support', and all i can think of is to re-install windows xp. that's straightforward, but annoying. anybody have an idea how to re-install the 'windows installer', or is this message merely hiding something more malignant in the background.

anything come to mind?

thanks, ron

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2007 Apr 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the logon you are using the one you will use when using RH and does it have admin rights. I would guess it has but need to check.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2007 Apr 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

peter,

interesting thought, but it my login to the laptop and to the rh install is the same, and the login has admin rights.

checking last nite, it seems that error 1723 is frequent, and with other company apps as well, and has to do with an appropriate version of this 'windows installer' app.

i guess i will follow that thread along for a while.
seems odd, since i installed the operating system, so you might think that the 'windows installer' app worked for the o/s.

perhaps rh needs features in the 'windows installer' app that aren't in the version of xp, sp1 that i am using? yet the trial worked just fine on an old win2k server o/s.
befuddling.

thanks again, ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2007 Apr 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have a feeling the installer was updated before SP2 so perhaps you can update it separately?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp