2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2014 12:44 PM by George_Johnson

Unchecking radio boxes

JeremyR

I know...I've read it 1000 times. Use Check boxes. If someone can describe HOW exactly to do this, I'm more than open to the possiblity.

Here's my situation:

I'm trying to make an order form. It features 2 groups of Radio boxes.

RadioSet 1

a

b

c

d

e

RadioSet2

f

g

h

i

j

When the form is opened the default state of all the radio boxes is unchecked. After they click an option (required from RadioSet1, but optional for RadioSet2), they are then unable to unclick the radio box to return it to it's default Unchecked state.

Like I said, I understand that this is more suitable for checkboxes, but in that scenario i cannot seem to figure out how to make the checkbox only allow one selection. A healthy complete example will help alot since I'm not very familiar with javascripting. I understand how it works, but it's the writing/organizing code part that throws me.

But for me, it seems that a simple HACK although not preferred by the javascripting gurus, is simply fine for this type of order form. So if there is a simple radio box hack that responds to an onclick event that I can apply to every radio box, i would prefer it.

Thanks in advance for the help.