15 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2014 12:56 PM by SamLaundon

ZOPSignCmd Extensions Not Loading In Photoshop CC 2014 Windows

SamLaundon Level 1

I have an unexpected problem. I have been redeploying my Configurator extensions into HTML5 extensions for Photoshop CC 2014.

I have two extensions that are packaged together using Davide Barranca's excellent tutorial on how to package extensions (http://www.davidebarranca.com/2014/05/html-panels-tips-10-packaging-zxp-installers/).

If I install the two extensions separately, they both install into Photoshop. If I package the extensions together in a ZXP file, Extension Manager CC shows that they have been installed, but when I open Photoshop CC 2014, Extensions is grayed out (this is on Windows 7). When I take the same extension package and try to install on a Mac into Photoshop CC 2014, they install fine.

What is strange about the above is two weeks ago I was doing the same thing and the packaged ZXP file installed fine into Windows 7 Photoshop CC 2014 (I have made some changes to the extensions and this is why I am re-testing them).

The only change that has occurred between the two versions is some re-editing of the postscripts.jsx file. Everything else is the same including the MXI file.

I am not a Windows person, so I am at a complete loss as to why something worked and now is not working.

If anyone can give me some insight into what is happening I would be eternally grateful.

Sam

• 1. Re: ZOPSignCmd Extensions Not Loading In Photoshop CC 2014 Windows
          BillClag Level 1

I had the same problem. I know I have to sign each panel separately and then package and sign the package too.

Anyway, it worked two weeks ago. Now the signed panel does not load from the package. If I install and load the panel individually, it loads fine.

My solution was to have separate ZXP for each part instead of packaging them all into one.

• 2. Re: ZOPSignCmd Extensions Not Loading In Photoshop CC 2014 Windows
            SamLaundon Level 1

Sorry for you pain , but glad that I am not the only one experiencing this problem. At least I am not going crazy.

• 3. Re: ZOPSignCmd Extensions Not Loading In Photoshop CC 2014 Windows
              Carl Sun Level 4

Would you mind sending your old (work) and new (not work) extension packages to exman.beijing@gmail.com?

• 4. Re: ZOPSignCmd Extensions Not Loading In Photoshop CC 2014 Windows
                SamLaundon Level 1

Carl - can you be a bit more specific.

Sam

• 5. Re: ZOPSignCmd Extensions Not Loading In Photoshop CC 2014 Windows
                  Carl Sun Level 4

I mean you could send the old ZXP file you created two weeks ago which installed fine and the new ZXP file which isn't loaded in PS CC 2014 to exman.beijing@gmail.com, so that we can reproduce your problem and find the root cause.

• 6. Re: ZOPSignCmd Extensions Not Loading In Photoshop CC 2014 Windows
                    SamLaundon Level 1

Actually, I tried installing the old zip file and even though it appeared through Extension Manager CC that it installed, the Extensions were grayed out in Photoshop.

I have two extensions that I packaged using ZipSignCmd. The old zxp and the new zxp had the same results, Extensions grayed out in Photoshop.

I have since created a zip file of both extensions and they are installed separately and successfully in Photoshop.

Photoshop in Windows 7 was updated since the successfully installation of the old zxp. Don't know if that has anything to do with the problem.

Both the old zip and the new zip install successfully on a Mac.

• 7. Re: ZOPSignCmd Extensions Not Loading In Photoshop CC 2014 Windows
                      Carl Sun Level 4

Please confirm the version of Photoshop. If it is CC 2014, and your extension is based on Flash, the extension will not be loaded by PS, although Extension Manager can install its content files. This can explain why Extensions is grayed.

• 8. Re: ZOPSignCmd Extensions Not Loading In Photoshop CC 2014 Windows
                        SamLaundon Level 1

Yes, my version is Photoshop CC 2014 and the extensions are HTML5 (I did convert them from the flash based extensions).

As I said, they installed a few weeks ago, but now do not.?????

• 9. Re: ZOPSignCmd Extensions Not Loading In Photoshop CC 2014 Windows
                          SamLaundon Level 1

The mxi file contains the following:

<files>

<!-- The HTML panel, for 15.0 onwards -->

<file source="SEZI/com.smilepix.zzz.zxp"

destination=""

file-type="CSXS"

products="Photoshop,Photoshop32,Photoshop64"

minVersion="14.0" maxVersion="15.0" />

<file source="LSS/com.smilepix.xxx.zxp"

destination=""

file-type="CSXS"

<!-- the entire DOCS/ folder content -->

<file source="DOCS/"

destination="$userhomefolder/Desktop/ZZZ_EXTRAS/"

file-type="ordinary"

products="Photoshop,Photoshop32,Photoshop64" />

<!-- Extension Manager icon -->

<file source="icon.png" destination="$ExtensionSpecificEMStore" />

</files>

The DOCS folder gets installed on the desktop for Windows 7 and Mac

All plugins are installed properly on a Mac

On Windows 7 for destinations=""

I have tried destinations+"$plugins" and destinations="$extenstions"

Neither worked.

Thanks for you help - Sam

• 10. Re: ZOPSignCmd Extensions Not Loading In Photoshop CC 2014 Windows
                            BillClag Level 1

You need to set four destinations

<file source="com.xxx.yyy"

destination="$applicationsupport\Common Files\Adobe\CEPServiceManager4\extensions" products="Premiere" platform="win"

file-type="CSXS"

destination="$adobecommon/CEPServiceManager4/extensions" platform="mac"

file-type="CSXS"

destination="$applicationsupport\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions" products="Premiere" platform="win"

file-type="CSXS"

destination="$adobecommon/CEP/extensions" platform="mac"

file-type="CSXS"

• 11. Re: ZOPSignCmd Extensions Not Loading In Photoshop CC 2014 Windows
                              BillClag Level 1

take out the

products="Premiere" platform="win"

that was an artifact of copy and paste.

• 12. Re: ZOPSignCmd Extensions Not Loading In Photoshop CC 2014 Windows
                                BillClag Level 1

take out the

products="Premiere"

that was an artifact of copy and paste.

• 13. Re: ZOPSignCmd Extensions Not Loading In Photoshop CC 2014 Windows
                                  SamLaundon Level 1

In the Windows 7 computer I just have Photoshop CC 2014 no Photoshop CC.

I tried this below and it did not install the two extension even though the Extension Manager CC said they were installed.

<files>

<file source="SEZI/com.smilepix.sezi.zxp"

file-type="CSXS"

destination="$applicationsupport\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions" platform="win"

file-type="CSXS"

<file source="LSS/com.smilepix.lss.zxp"

file-type="CSXS"

<file source="SEZI/com.smilepix.lss.zxp"

destination="$applicationsupport\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions" platform="win"

file-type="CSXS"

<file source="DOCS/"

destination="$userhomefolder/Desktop/SEZI_EXTRAS/"

file-type="ordinary"

</files>

The SEZI_EXTRAS folder was installed to the desktop.

Any ideas - Sam

• 14. Re: ZOPSignCmd Extensions Not Loading In Photoshop CC 2014 Windows
                                    BillClag Level 1

You need to explode the ZXP (unzip) and install the exploded

<file source="SEZI/com.smilepix.sezi"

file-type="CSXS"

<file source="SEZI/com.smilepix.sezi"

file-type="CSXS"

<file source="LSS/com.smilepix.lss"

file-type="CSXS"

<file source="SEZI/com.smilepix.lss"

file-type="CSXS"

• 15. Re: ZOPSignCmd Extensions Not Loading In Photoshop CC 2014 Windows
                                      SamLaundon Level 1

Does that mean that after exploding the ZXP file I will have two extensions to install.

That is what I am trying to avoid, having my user install two separate extensions.

What is very strange is over three weeks ago I was able to create a ZXP file of the two extensions in one file that would automatically install the two extensions into Photoshop. The only thing that I can think of that may have changed would be a minor Photoshop CC 2014 upgrade.

This is what I used:

<files>

destination=""

file-type="CSXS"

<file source="LSS/com.smilepix.lss.zxp"

destination=""

file-type="CSXS"

<file source="DOCS/"

destination="$userhomefolder/Desktop/SEZI_EXTRAS/"

file-type="ordinary"

</files>

Right now the above installs fine on a Mac