8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2014 3:09 PM by wendypics6

LR Develop Module Disabled issue, no use of cloud

wendypics6

So I guess I've joined the ranks of those with the "Develop Module Disabled" issue.  I don't have the subscription.  I bought lighroom outright a month ago, paid a flat fee and downloaded it.  I did try the PS/LR/Cloud subscription but was unable to download and install without major issues.  I thought buying Lightroom outright would eliminate the need for customer support.  I think Adobe still thinks I have the monthly subscription, because they are asking me to pay again.  I do have a serial number and have added that.

So here is my issue.  Lightroom 5 with No cloud.  Customer support did have me delete cloud (it was still on my computer even though I was not using it).  I also downloaded lightroom 5 again, as well as removing some files.  Nothing works.  I'm still getting the error message.  I've restarted my computer multiple times.  I have a MAC and have tried Library/Application support/adobe/ but I don't have an SLStore file. And I'm unable to find an LSCashe file.

I've probably spent at least 5 hours with tech support so far (when I'm able to get in touch). And trolled this site.   Nothing has worked.  I'm about ready to demand my money back and find another program...but I've enjoyed Lightroom.  Any other ideas?

• 1. Re: LR Develop Module Disabled issue, no use of cloud
          BKKDon Level 4

Hi,

Sounds like you still have the Cloud version installed, uninstall it and logout of Adobe Cloud.

Then download the correct version and install from here and enter your serial on start-up.

Adobe - Lightroom : For Windows - or

Adobe - Lightroom : For Macintosh

• 2. Re: LR Develop Module Disabled issue, no use of cloud
            wendypics6 Level 1

Hi BKKDon,

Thank you.  Adobe Cloud is gone off my computer.  Should I uninstall Lightroom and try reinstalling?  I have not uninstalled Lightroom, only reinstalled.  If I uninstall, will I loose my library, there are a lot of photos in there (although they are backed up I guess).

• 3. Re: LR Develop Module Disabled issue, no use of cloud
              BKKDon Level 4

Should be no issue if you uninstall. Your catalog and images will remain on your Mac and will be opened when you start lightroom. It should ask you to enter the serial number when you start it the first time after the install.

• 4. Re: LR Develop Module Disabled issue, no use of cloud
                wendypics6 Level 1

Thank you BKKDon for actually trying to help in a nice manner.  I've tried downloading it twice now, and its not working. I have no idea why.  I've lost the option to chat with Help because I no longer have lightroom.  I'm currently downloading again - not sure why..lol..hopefully third time is the charm?  I'm still shocked at the total lack of support from Adobe.

• 5. Re: LR Develop Module Disabled issue, no use of cloud
                  JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Wendypics,

If you still have Lightroom installed from the Cloud, you must remove it. While it's the same program as the standalone version, the licensing is different. You don't want to try to download the cloud version and install it because you won't be able to use your standalone serial number. You say the you have tried to download Lightroom and apparently it has failed twice. Is it the download that failed, or is it the installation? Just to clarify again, everything about the cloud version of Lightroom must be completely removed from your computer. And you need to download the standalone version and install it.

• 6. Re: LR Develop Module Disabled issue, no use of cloud
                    wendypics6 Level 1

Hi Jim,

That is a great point.  I did make sure that cloud was totally removed from my computer, but I didn't think there would be different versions of lightroom.  It makes sense.  I was able to download, but not to install.  Nothing would open.  I found the chat option of HELP and asked for a Lightroom version that did not need cloud.  I asked several times.  I was sent a link and it's downloading now.  Figured crossed it will actually work.  Downloads take well over an hour (I have crappy internet), so it will be awhile.  I will update though. 

Anyone have non-adobe photo programs they enjoy?  I'm so bummed, I've been using a VERY old version of Photoshop (on an even older desktop) for many many years and I've really enjoyed Lightroom.  I've spent quite a lot of time learning it.  All to be wasted?

• 7. Re: LR Develop Module Disabled issue, no use of cloud
                      JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Can you tell us about your computer system? What OS, how much RAM, how much disk space do you have free, etc.? What type of Internet connection do you have?

• 8. Re: LR Develop Module Disabled issue, no use of cloud
                        wendypics6 Level 1

It's FIXED!!!  So far, so good anyway.  Started Chat help support this afternoon.  He had me download/install Chrome and then download lightroom through Chrome.  Took forever, but it actually worked!  Added my serial number and Develop mode is working fine.  I never would have thought to do that.  A big thank you to Rajesh Kuumar, who finally solved my problem!

Jim - to answer your questions (in case it would help anyone else:  I have OSX 10.9.4 with 8 GB ram.  It's only a few months old.

Thanks so much for your help.  Maybe this thread could help someone else.