5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2014 9:11 AM by A.T. Romano

organiser will open but video editor will not.

PeteOzScot

Hi hope you can help,

I have updated my Nvidia Graphics Card drivers, installed the latest codecs K-Lite Codec (Basic). Have a fast Windows 8.1 computer. Have uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere Elements 12. Can't find a solution anywhere.

Peter Mc

• 1. Re: organiser will open but video editor will not.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

PeteOzScot

Are you just starting with Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 8.1 (assumed 64 bit)?

Is this a "it never worked before" or "it worked before but not now"?

Please try the troubleshooting schemes in the following blog post...

a. exploration of the hosts file

and

b. renaming of the SLStore Folder and SLCache Folder.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/04/pe12-premiere-elements-12-editor-will.html

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: organiser will open but video editor will not.
            PeteOzScot Level 1

Hi ATR,

Still no joy. I changed SLStore and SLCache to OLD as shown on the link and I was prompted to uninstall and reinstall Premier Elements which has put SLCache and SLStore back.

By the way this has been like this on my Desktop since Sep 2013 also. I have been using my Laptop with no trouble but now I need to use the desktop because of the Firewire connection.

Maybe I need to start again with a new computer, but this one is not very old. 16GB Ram, i7 etc.

Any other suggestions. I might try doing SLStore only and see what happens.

Thanks anyway.

Peter

• 3. Re: organiser will open but video editor will not.
              PeteOzScot Level 1

Hi ATR,

Worked!  This time I changed SLCache only. Allowed me to launch the trial version. So now must have an issue with the Serial Key. Perhaps too many attempts at registering.

Thanks and btw your instruction was easy to follow.

Cheers,

Peter

• 4. Re: organiser will open but video editor will not.
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Peter

I went with Photoshop Elements 12 not working on my Windows 7 64 bit from about October 2013 to several months later. It was the SLCache and SLStore that rescued me on that one. Same symptoms. Elements Organizer 12 would open, but not the Photoshop Elements 12 Editor.

Do you get beyond the Sign In for Premiere Elements 12? Are you getting any messages about the Internet connection and/or computer clock not working? That Premiere Elements 12 issue got resolved by updating the Adobe Application Manager.

If worse comes to worse, could you get rid of the "latest codecs K-Lite Codec (Basic)" to determine if there is anything in that causing problems? Have you already determined if the problem exists with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

It is very late where I am so I will comment more on your issues in the light of day.

Do not give up.

ATR

• 5. Re: organiser will open but video editor will not.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Peter

Great, great news "Worked!" Great, great job.

I called it a day without seeing your post numbered 3 when I wrote my reply numbered 4.

Best wishes

ATR