Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presenter 10 fails with embedded wmv videos

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have just upgraded from Presenter 9 to Presenter 10 and now the embedded *.wmv videos are not longer processed by Presenter 10!

I am always facing the error message "There was an error encoding the file!" when trying to publish the presentation.

I have dozends of presentations containing many *.wmv video files. Presenter 9 was working fine with that video format.

Who can help?

Thanks

StefanS

Windows 7, 64 bit, with latest service packs and patches

Adobe Presenter 10.0.0 Build 196

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have another program that can convert videos? Presenter's video conversion tool has always been a minimal application, and gives you little control over the settings and quality of the output.

Video conversion tools were recently discussed here, and Roxanne Dziuban ended up using Handbrake, which is free, to convert their videos to MP4. This remvoed the encoder in Presenter, and allows you to to have full control over the settings for the re-encoded video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jorma,

My video conversion worked with the Handbrake converter.  I'm all set with that.  Still having problems with the last slide of the quiz not moving onto the results slide.

Roxanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am aware of programs which are able to convert a media file into another format.

What really frustrates me is that with the change from version 9 to version 10, Presenter is obviously not able any longer to handle wmv formats. Consider the fact that I have dozens of presentations each with several wmv files embedded which all require now a post processing by hand. I thought that Presenter is a professional tool …

Nevertheless, thanks for your answer.

Best regards

Stefan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to have a discussion with Adobe about it (I'm not an Adobe employee, just a user like you). Please don't take my response as anything more than me trying to provide a soltion.

I do understand that this may put an extra step in the process, but you did have to wait for Presenter to convert the video, so the time added may not be that much more. However, you are correct that Presenter should just work, so Support is likely the best course of action, so they can identify the root of the issue. They may reply here (some staff members will reach out here on their own time), but it may be easier to call them directly, 800-945-9120

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. With Presenter9 I can import .mov, .wmv, but with Presenter10 I can't import them.

When I import them, Media Encoder appears but does nothing then an error appears.

I can import .mp4, but Presenter10 should import other format.

Other users can import .mov/.wmv files...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2014 Sep 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

yes, this is exactly the same behavior on my site.

I was in contact with Adobe support, they can reproduce the problem with the .wmv files I am using.

But then they told me that using their own .wmv reference file would not create the problem. So, the reason would be my .wmv files which are obviously corrupted.

But my files are not corrupted!!! I can play them with the Windows Media player and with the VLC media player and why does Presenter 9 work with same files?

It is a shame for Adobe that they do not take their responsibility…

But I don’t know what else could be done.

Best regards

Stefan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefan,

Can you please share your presenter assets with me .You need to do is put your assets with presentations(package it using options in the plugin) in a drop box and send the link to my mail id  with  all the details steps which could reproduce the issue.

Thanks

Sidhartha

mail id:sipanda@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sidhartha,

thanks for your feedback on me.

The package file is not that big so I can attach it to this mail.

Find attached the wmv file as well.

Thank you for your efforts on this.

Best regards

Stefan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Stefan,

You may need to email Sidhartha directly, as attachments added to replies to forum posts are usually stripped out. I would recommend you email Sidhartha directly for the fastes response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources