I've seen the same thing. I reinstalled 5.5.
Mac OS 10.8.5, 12-core Mac Pro 2012, 12GB RAM
It almost acts like it's not using the graphics card.
Lightroom does not use the GPU for speed up calculations
Did it help? I have tried to reinstall 5.5 but when I start LR again it still 5.6b !
How did you reinstall it?
And what can I do. I can't work whent is perfuming like this.
That's good to know... it was only a hunch
Ah, I had the same problem... I had to drag the old Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app to the trash, and then run the 5.6 installer.
It did help. I had to suffer through sifting through 2300 photos with that abysmal performance before I downgraded.
I take that back... LR 5.5 seemed to be running like it used to, but now it's running slow and pokey again. I rebooted, with no improvement. It's particularly noticeable when I crop. When I commit the crop, instead of instantly applying it and displaying the result, it seems to do it in two phases: First, the crop to size and then it moves the image within the crop size to correspond to what I applied. Weird.
But something must have changed, since it didn't behave this way before I installed LR 5.6. I could be due to something else going on in my machine, but I haven't been to find any likely candidates so far
Hi Have you found anything you want too share?
Nothing very helpful.
I downgraded to LR 5.4, and things seem to be better, but still sluggish. I think they always were, but now I'm being extra vigilant.
One thing I am noticing, is that while I'm working in LR, my free memory drops like a rock. Starting with 2-3GB free, it drops to a few hundred megabytes. The lost memory shows as "inactive," which I understand means memory that's freed but not yet reclaimed. I don't recall this happening in the past, even with LR 5.4. Something else must be going on, I just have no idea what. I tried deleting the LR caches files, which didn't help.
At least, with 5.4, I can get some work done, even though it's kind of sluggish. I have no idea what could be causing this.
I think I found something that helps, even after re-upgraded to LR 5.6.
I did the following (all of them):
- Reset PRAM
- Rebooted in Safe Mode
- Using Onyx, I did the following:
- Repair permissions
- Executed Maintenance Scripts
- Rebuilt: LaunchServices, dyld's shared cache
- Cleaned: System, User, Browser & Font caches, Logs, Saved application states, Obsolete, Temporary and Recent items, Trash
Then I rebooted normally, and LR 5.4 (and 5.6) acted normally