• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS4 Install not working. Laptop crashed. New download link sent yesterday. Downloaded, but install will not work on new laptop. Help?

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laptop crashing. Purchased new. Had 30 day free trial of CS4. Activated and used that.

• My serial # would not work when prompted for it.
  • Yesterday, chat session helped me to download the software again. Download took 3 hours so chat session ended before install could be completed.
  • Today I rand the install.
    • The first time the session ended with a "failed to install" and a list of programs (all of them).
    • Second and subsequent attempts result in getting to the "Cancel/Install" screen. Message says "Preparing to install" but nothing happens for a significant amount of time.

Please advise. How do I complete the install? I do need to use this software very, very soon.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DAnderson which operating system are you using on this laptop?  Did you transfer/migrate/copy over your files, folders, and applications to this new computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines