1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 12, 2014 5:32 PM by A.T. Romano

how can i add extra sound effects to my library in adobe premiere 12

astonshaw

how can i add extra sound effects to my library in adobe premiere 12????

• 1. Re: how can i add extra sound effects to my library in adobe premiere 12
          A.T. Romano Level 7

astonshaw

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on?

By "my library" I am assuming you mean to have your own sound effects available to you under the Expert and Quick workspaces, either

a. Action Bar Menu at top of workspace/Audio/Sound Effects

or

b. Audio Tab at bottom of workspace/Sound Effects

This does work for Windows, but I am not sure if it is applicable to Mac.

1. Create your Sound Effect as a .wav file. Name the file....name_prv.wav. In this example bang_prv.wav

2. Go to

Local Disk C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

Sound Effects

All_Lang

and in the All_Lang Folder create a folder named "Mine". In the "Mine" Folder create a folder named Bang.

In the Bang Folder, place in the Bang Folder the bang_prv.wav plus a copy of the metadata.xml copied from one of the other Adobe

Sound Effects.

After you close out of there, you should find your sound effect available for use in a project under the Action Bar Menu or Audio Tab route.

I have not experimented with sound effects duration. This quick look used a 4.139 seconds sound effect.

It might be just as easy to create your sound effects as wav files, store them in a folder on hard drive, and, when needed, import one into a project with Add Media/Files and Folders.

Please let us know if this worked for you.

Thank you.

ATR