4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2014 12:09 PM by hawki67

Question about albums.

hawki67

When I try to open a album I do not get a dialog box. I can make an album because the box on the right is open. However, I am unable to open any album categories because when I click on the arrow next to plus sign I also do not get any dialog box. What can I do. I just downloaded Premier.

• 1. Re: Question about albums.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

hawki67

What did you just download - Premiere Elements 12? And, what computer operating system is involved?

Is this the dialog that you are not getting - the one for creating new albums?

MissingDialog.jpg

Or is your focus on opening albums in Premiere Elements 12 Expert workspace Add Media/Elements Organizer?

AlbumsEditor.JPG

In the Premiere Elements 12 Editor Expert workspace Add Media/Elements Organizer opens to what you see in

this second screenshot. I have created 2 albums in the Elements Organizer 12 beforehand. In the left column,

I open Local Albums to see my two named Albums. If I want Album A pictures, I click on Album A in the left column

and view the images to the right which are in that album. Same for Album B.

After I select the files in Album A, I click the Add Files button which will be active at that point. Those files are then

imported in the project - Project Assets and Timeline.

Please explain where in the above processes you are running into difficulties.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Question about albums.
            hawki67 Level 1

It is premier 12 and we use windows 8. I just upgraded to premier 12. I tried rebooting the system and the

dialog boxes came up and after working with premier for awhile they stopped working. Could it be my

system rather than premier 12? And then what do I do? I am by far no computer whiz. We have never

been very happy with windows 8 and we seem to have constant problems. We don't know whether it

is the operating system, the programs, or the computer.

I appreciate your quick response. Premier looks wonderful and looks very much what I need. Photoshop

is just a bit out of my league.

Phil Bowman

• 3. Re: Question about albums.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Phil Bowman

Thanks for the reply.

Referring to my post numbered 1 in your thread....where does the problem exist

a. In the Elements Organizer

or

b. In Premiere Elements workspace Add Media/Elements Organizer

or

c. both

What are the computer resources for your Windows 8 64 bit computer - installed and available RAM and free hard drive space?

Are you having any other problems when working with Premiere Elements -  seeing the options under the programs menus?

How large is the project when the problem occurs - number of Timeline files and total duration of that Timeline content?

Let us focus in on the above and then decide where the details are taking us in troubleshooting.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Question about albums.
                hawki67 Level 1

Hello,

I apologize for not getting back sooner. I have 3.89 GB available RAM and about 62 GB available on my hard drive.

I had just downloaded Premier and was just starting to work with it for the first time. My computer had just been

reformatted because we had had a virus/trojan horse so all of my previous stuff on Elements 9 had been erased

by the technician. (all the photos and albums and such in Elements. I had my photos backed up so I didn't lose them.)

I was thus trying to make new albums and categories and had just begun. I believe I was in Elements Organizer. But

12 is much different than the old Elements 9. The project was not large because I had just started and had not imported

many photos as of yet and was basically starting all over.