4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2014 5:12 AM by MishJay

Dark printing

MishJay

I have made a booklet and majority of it is blue Pantone 121-6 C. I made a pdf of the book, it's all in cmyk so i took it to the printers and the blue has turned out SO dark, nearly royal blue and they don't know how to fix it and neither do I. Please help it's reaching the deadline =(

• 1. Re: Dark printing
          Derek Cross Level 6

You are mixing a spot color with four color process - five colors. Is that what you want? If not, convert the all the document to CMYK, adjust color and re-export.

• 2. Re: Dark printing
            MishJay Level 1

I'm a uni student so I'm not quite sure what you mean?? i kind've do but I'm not positive i do. sorry...

• 3. Re: Dark printing
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

DerekC1000 wrote:

You are mixing a spot color with four color process

Not so. 121-6 is a process swatch with a formula of 72/0/21/0 and it should be sort of Robin's Egg Blue. A shift to Royal Blue would be huge and not likely to be accounted for by profile conversion. Other than the use of named process swatches causing the RIP to confuse them with spots and try to do some sort of internal color match conversion, I can't think of a reason why this would happen.

Try creating a new swatch that has a color mode of CMYK rather than Pantone CMYK and use the same formula. You can replace the Pantone swatch with the plain one by selecting deleting the Pantone and selecting the correct swatch from the dropdown.

• 4. Re: Dark printing
                MishJay Level 1

IT WORKED! thank you sooooooo much!