Do both these buttons do the same thing?
Also do you want these 2 buttons to fire at the same time or do you click one then the other?
No both these buttons do different things.
And yes both buttons fire at the same time.
could you not just have a hitbox over the top of them both and have both animations for the individual clicks play at the same time?
That's the problem, the element who lies underneath are thumbs that is made by an external jquery script (bgndgallery).
And the external script loads the thumbs automatically in the element. So I don't know what script is used to fire it.
On the top element is a link to page 2.
So that is why I asked if it is possible
Ahhh, fair enough.
I wasn't sure if you where talking about firing 2 things within edge. I didn't realise it was coming from an external script.
I'm guessing it will be possible, its not something I've tried before.
Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Strange way of doing things - Why 2 buttons if one covers the other? Can you explain and post a screenshot maybe?
I will make a sample
Ok, here is the sample:
A little explanation. You see when you open the stage 2 grey rectangles that is the top element.
And when you click on Index. The thumbs will be shown. And that would be the element below.
And in composition ready I have a script who loads the thumbs. And that is:
So I hope you understand what I mean.
1 person found this helpful
OK. I am still not sure I understand what you want.
As far as I can tell, when the thumbnails come in, they cover the grey boxes. So you want to be able to click the grey boxes? Is that it?
yes, if you click on the grey boxes both actions will fire.
the actions on the grey box and on the thumbs.
Is there a solution for the problem when you click on the grey box the two actions will fire?
- When I click on "index", nothing happens.
- When I click on it a 2nd time, "thumb" appears.
- This doesn't address your question, but should this be corrected first?
That would be no problem for me to fix it. If you have the answer for The overlapping problem,
that would be great.
- When "thumb" appears, it's a bit confusing to me because "link1" and "link2" are still hot.
- I could be wrong, but graphically it's implying that "thumb" should take precedence.
- Suggestion: Layer "thumb" on top of "link1" and "link2". I believe this step should be done prior to your coding question... agree?
Very busy, will return later in the day...
Looked at it during lunch... To me, it appears that you have some kind of a naming convention conflict going on among other issues.
- When the "thumb" symbol is double-clicked on stage, that particular symbol should open up.
- Instead, a symbol called "Inhoud2" opens up... can be verified by the breadcrumb trail in the upper LH corner of the stage... "Stage / Inhoud2"
- With my limited experience, I've never seen that happen before. Would like to, but I just don't have the time to check your entire structure. Just wondering whether there might be unnecessary symbols, etc, in your comp... "thumb" and "Inhoud2" look very similar, if not identical.
Thanks for taking the time. In the sample there are some elements inside that doesn't work, such as the symbol.
I've made the sample verry quickle, because people on the forum can see what I mean with the elements overlapping.
I just would like to know if it is possible when I click on the grey canvas (link1), that I can fire the both actions who
are on the two elements who are overlapping. So the action on link1 will fire but also the action on the thumb will fire.
when I click on the thumb. If I know that I can include it in Edge, for example on the grey canvas (link1).
Thanks again for taking the time
Sorry, I could not get it to work... good luck, though.