3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2007 7:20 AM by svenRe

Contribute is not able to check the Connectioninfo

svenRe
      Hi,

i´ve got a problem with Contribute...
      We have developed an Intranetsolution for one of our customers. To make it easy to edit for the customers Writerteam, we introduced Contribute.
      Yesterday I had to replace a table on every site. To be sure not to shut down the whole Live-presence I copied the folder into another directory, replaced the tables there using dreamweaver´s find and replace function.
      Then i renamed the old folder to "whatever_backup" and copied the edited folder into the old directory.
      I checked some sites to be sure everything worked fine. Unfortunately I did not check if the site is still editable in Contribute... and guess what ?!?... it isnt.. had a slight overflow in my email acc this morning. Smart as I am i still had the "backup"... but even replacing the new folder with the old one - that previously worked - did not fix the problem.
      So i checked the IIS settings, the folder and security settings... with no result. Im quite desperate by now.
      I have asked google a million questions but it did not give me any working solutions.
      I hope that anybody round here can help me. If you have any further questions... i will refresh this site every 2 minutes

greetings Sven

Edit: The error that occurs is the following:
      The customer is not able to connect. Contribute can not check the Connectioninformation. Instead of the Edit-Button the user has a "connect" button.
        • 1. Re: Contribute is not able to check the Connectioninfo
          ThinkInk Level 2
          I don't know why this problem occured, but maybe you could delete al user roles and sent al the users a new connection key so the can make a fresh connection.

grtz. Hayo
          • 2. Re: Contribute is not able to check the Connectioninfo
            lukaro
            What version of Contribute are you using?

What were the names of the folders you changed?

Did you damage the hub file which contains the connection info???

The hub file will be in the _mm folder within the root folder of the site. In Contribute versions 1 and 2, the hub file is called contribute.xml. In Contribute 3.x and 4, the hub file is called cthub[randomstring].csi. Example of path: wwwroot/_mm /contribute.xml file.

Rgds

lukaro
            • 3. Re: Contribute is not able to check the Connectioninfo
              svenRe Level 1
              quote:

Originally posted by: lukaro
              What version of Contribute are you using?

What were the names of the folders you changed?

Did you damage the hub file which contains the connection info???

The hub file will be in the _mm folder within the root folder of the site. In Contribute versions 1 and 2, the hub file is called contribute.xml. In Contribute 3.x and 4, the hub file is called cthub[randomstring].csi. Example of path: wwwroot/_mm /contribute.xml file.

Rgds

lukaro

the name of the folder was "intranetdaten", no special chars no spaces etc. In fact I spent 10 hours of trouble shooting yesterday. that was quite depressing. And in the end i was not able to solve the problem even by setting up the iis once again. My boss kind of chose the way of the weakest resistance by connecting over ftp from now on, instead of using the local network connection that we used to use.... I miss my little network connection.... whatever.. the problem is solved, even if not to my full satisfaction. We use Contribute 3 btw.

thanks for your help.

greetings Sven