4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2014 4:13 PM by nlanger

I cant update CS6

nlanger

I am currently using AE CS6 11.0 and just installed OS X Maverick 10.9.4 for my iMac. After doing so AE would not open. I read through the forums and learned that there was an update that addressed this problem, however, when I try to run the install I get an error saying that "updates have been suppressed by the administrator". I could see this being a problem for some, but I am only one of two that have admin access and I am the only admin who uses this computer. I really need to figure this out ASAP for a project that I am working on so any help is much appreciated.

• 1. Re: I cant update CS6
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Did you receive your software through a large institution, like an educational institution? If so, the suppression of updates was likely put in place (perhaps unintentionally) by whoever created the distribution package for that volume-licensed software. In that case, you'd need to talk with them.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: I cant update CS6
            nlanger Level 1

I did revive them from my university, but I was able to update my OS and some other programs without this issue.

• 3. Re: I cant update CS6
              Todd_Kopriva Level 8

The fact that you could update your OS is not relevant.

When your university created a package for distributing the Adobe applications, they had the option to enable updates by users like you or not. It seems that they chose to not enable updates.

As I said, you need to take this issue up with the IT folks at your university who distributed the software to you.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: I cant update CS6
                nlanger Level 1

I did that earlier today and I was just trying to make that process easier. Thank you for the advice.