• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing update Flash Player on Windows 8.1

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dell Inspiron 660, Windows 8.1, Flash player pre-installed as noted in control panel at 14.0.0.145.  I would like to update to Flash player 14.0.0.176.  Is that possible and how would I do that?  The note that comes up at Adobe's website is that the flash player is pre-installed so I don't have to install it.  Well, yes, but it is dated, so I do.  You would think it would just do it automatically like Java, but no.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Since Microsoft embeds Flash Player in Internet Explorer on Windows 8.x, you'll need to run Windows Update to update Internet Explorer with the latest version of Flash Player.  You can configure Windows Update to run automatically. Information here Windows Update - Windows Help and here Windows Update: Frequently asked questions - Windows Help.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply; however in scanning my Windows Updates I find that I already have KB2919442, which is the 8.1 Flash Player thru Microsoft Updates in my computer.  I also have an older Flash Player that came with the computer in the control panel section of Programs called Adobe Flash Player 14 Plug In 14.0. 0. 145.  What happened was that I went on a website that I usually visited and it displayed funny and said I needed to get a newer Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2014 Aug 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft released a new Flash Player on August 12; here is the Security Advisory:

Title: Microsoft Security Advisory Notification

Issued: August 12, 2014

Security Advisories Updated or Released Today

==============================================

* Microsoft Security Advisory (2755801)

- Title: Update for Vulnerabilities in Adobe Flash Player in

Internet Explorer

- https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/2755801

- Revision Note: V27.0 (August 12, 2014): Added the 2982794

update to the Current Update section.

You can update the plugin from this link:

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2014 Aug 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the additional information.  Since you mentioned Windows 8.1 and Flash Player being pre-installed, I assumed you were referring to the ActiveX player Internet Explorer, and not the Plug-in for non-IE browsers.  The link Pat provides will download 14.0.0.179, which is the current release for Windows non-IE browsers.  Version 14.0.0.176 is for Windows IE and Mac.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines