4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2014 9:17 AM by A.T. Romano

Problem with the preview window in Premiere Elements 10

börni123

Hi guys,

I have a question:

I have a new PC (data follow) and Adobe Premiere Elements 10.

My problem is that I see in the preview-window only one grey picture. The sound runs without problems! In other chats I red, that perhaps my graphic card is the reson of my problam. Is this thus? If so, how I can repair this?

PC:

AMD FX-8350 Eight Core Processor 4 GHrz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Do you need even more?

What I have already tried:

- Adobe Premiere Elements 10 anew inst.

- Graphics drivers update

- Check DirectX

- Windows Media Player and QuickTimePlayer anew Inst.

Already to many thanks for your help!!!!!

lg

Börni

• 1. Re: Problem with the preview window in Premiere Elements 10
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Premiere Elements version 10 and an nVidia card

•nVidia Driver Rollback PreElements-10 http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1317675

•-Old Drivers http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

• 2. Re: Problem with the preview window in Premiere Elements 10
            A.T. Romano Level 7

borni123

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 10 to run on?

You are involved in the Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce issue whose full details (description and fix) are included

in the Announcement at the top of this forum. Copy for your convenience below.

You gave a lot of details but did not include the computer operating system. This information may be the key whether

the known fix will work for you. The known fix requires roll back of the driver version to about May 2013. If your computer

is Windows 8 or 8.1 64 bit, there may not be a driver old enough to resolve the issue. This may force you consider

a Premiere Elements version other than 10 or a different video card/graphics card for your computer. This issue is

specific for Premiere Elements 10 and the NVIDIA GeForce cards.

Copy of Announcement at top of this forum....

Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA Video Card Driver Roll Back

If you are a Premiere Elements 10 user whose Windows computer uses a NVIDIA GeForce video card and you are experiencing

Premiere Elements 10 display and/or unexplained program behavior, then your first line of troubleshooting needs to be rolling

back the video card driver version instead of assuring that it is up to date.

Since October 2013 to the present, there have been a growing number of reports about display and unexplained workflow

glitches specific to the Premiere Elements 10 user whose Windows computer has a NVIDIA GeForce video card. If this

applies to you, then the “user to user” remedy is to roll back the NVIDIA GeForce video card driver as far as is necessary

to get rid of the problems. The typical driver roll back has gone back as far as March – July 2013 in order to get a working

Premiere Elements 10. Neither NVIDIA nor Adobe has taken any corrective action in this regard to date, and none is

expected moving forward.

Since October 2013, the following thread has tried to keep up with the Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA reports

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1317675

Older NVIDIA GeForce drivers can be found

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

A February 2014 overview of the situation as well as how to use the older NVIDIA GeForce drivers for the driver

roll back can be found

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2014/02/pe10-nvidia-video-card-roll-back.html

The following is the specific link in the above for determining what older NVIDIA GeForce GTX750Ti driver versions are

available to you.

Older NVIDIA GeForce drivers can be found

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

Please update us on your progress,

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Problem with the preview window in Premiere Elements 10
              börni123 Level 1

Hi,

thx for your fast anwsers!

@ A. T. Romano: I have (sadly) a Windows 8.1 64bit operating systhem.

So I can't roll back so far my graphic driver.

Now I think about buying a new version of Premiere Elements.

Thanks for your efforts to help me!

lg

börni123

• 4. Re: Problem with the preview window in Premiere Elements 10
                A.T. Romano Level 7

borni123

Thanks for the reply.

Please consider working with the tryout of Premiere Elements before purchase to assure that the program is compatible with your computer environment as well as your video editing goals. There is a marked change in the workspaces when you compare Premiere Elements 10 with Premiere Elements 11 and 12.

As for new version, please keep in mind that Premiere Elements 12 is currently the latest version. If history repeats itself, Adobe should be releasing a

new version of the program at the end of September 2014. No one but Adobe knows the feature set for the new version. And, that information is not

released until the moment that the new version is released.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions or to ask for clarification.

Best wishes

ATR