2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2014 8:06 PM by A.T. Romano

Audio Not syncing with video?

Basto Slice Level 1

Okay so this has been a problem for quite a while now...and it's going to make my head explode.

I am running Adobe Premiere Elements 12 On windows 7.

I use Fraps to record gameplay...that audio and video is just fine.  Yet when I use my LogiTech HD Pro C920 Webcam and my Blue Yeti Microphone together (because webcam audio is ***) I constantly get unsyncing issues.  My audio is about 2 seconds ahead of the video.  No matter what I do.  I've recorded my audio in Audacity as well to seperate it to be safe....still does it.  When I goto use Audacity files, I always sync them up with a clap or something...which I did today and the first word just syncs up then goes back to be a few seconds ahead or behind one another.  For the love of god is there a fix to this?  I'm going insane trying to make a video and then next thing I know I have to scrap half of it and use just audio.

I've read through at least 5 threads.  Half of it I don't understand because I'm not using a mac or iphone and the other ones say fraps isn't supported.  Fraps isn't my worry...the audio and video quality of fraps is perfectly fine.

• 1. Re: Audio Not syncing with video?
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Are you trying to edit video that uses a Variable FRAME Rate?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/592070?tstart=30 for screen shot instructions

Post a screen shot with the details of your video... see below for how to get details

Free programs to get file information for PC/Mac http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

• 2. Re: Audio Not syncing with video?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Basto Slice

Recap to make sure we are in sync on the details.

1. Fraps has nothing to do with all this except you are presenting the information to show that you are not having audio out of sync issues with anything else. Is that correct?

2. What is the setup on all this....

a. Are you using Premiere Elements 12 Windows 7 64 bit with your USB webcam connected to the computer and opened in Premiere Elements via its Add Media/Webcam or WDM, and are you trying to supply audio for your webcam video using this Blue Yeti microphone within your Premiere Elements project? If that the case?

b. Are you further saying that if you use the webcam video with audio files created in Audacity, you cannot get the webcam video in sync with the Audacity audio? If that is correct, what is your Audacity output, mp3 or .wav?

3. What are the properties of the video coming from the webcam...video compression, audio compression, frame size, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, file extension, pixel aspect ratio, and bitrate. How did you set up Premiere Elements project preset before you introduced source media into the project? When you have your Timeline content in place, is there an orange line over the Timeline content? If so, are your hitting the Render button above the Timeline in order to

get the best possible preview of what you are seeing/hearing in the Edit area monitor?

Please review the above and clarify to make sure that we are together on the details. After that I will suggest a troubleshooting strategy.

Are you aware of the Timeline maneuvers to nudge video and audio into sync?

Highlight/select the file, as you hold down the Alt key of the computer main keyboard, tap the left or right arrow key once - one tap = a 1 frame nudge.

Highlight/select the file, as you hold down the Shift+Alt key of the computer main keyboard, tap the left or right arrow key once - one tap = a 5 frames nudge.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...Anything you do not understand, please say so and I will rewrite if necessary. Also if I am not clear on what you have written, I will ask

you for clarification.