• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Get User Information reading CAC Card

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2006 Jul 03, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone had experience validating a user into a web system using a CAC Card reader versus a username and password? If so can you give me some direction on how to get started. The governement is going to require all web sites to be accessed via a CAC Card and Reader and will no longer be using Username and Passwords. So I would like to get some study on this so that I can start making decisions on how I will be accomplishing this on my web system. Any help or links to sites would be appreciated.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 29, 2006 Sep 29, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
BretHobbs,

Please visit the Washington Headquarters Services(WHS) web site at ipmsupport.whs.mil and download the following documents:

1. Configuring DOD PKI Trust for Microsoft IIS (Necessary to set CF CGI.CERT vars)
(filename: Configuring_DoD_PKI_Trust_for_MS_IIS.doc)

2. Enabling ColdFusion for PKI (CF coding examples)
(filename: ColdFusionEnablingFeb02.doc)

Use your SmartCard to access the private area of the site. Click on the “PKE” menu choice and locate the first document under “PKE Documents” section. Scroll down to “Policy Documents” to find the second file. I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation