3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2014 5:21 AM by areohbee

Import a RAW file

Bogdan Caraman Photo

Hello,

When I try to Import an .CR2 file Lightroom 5.6 is doing some "Calculating" and then "destroy" my picture with QuickDevelop settings. I try to find where to Disable that but with no success, can anyone know another solution?

Thank you,

Bogdan

• 1. Re: Import a RAW file
          areohbee Level 5

If by "destroy" you mean alters color and tone, then that's just how it works - you have to learn to set up pleasing defaults, and edit after import.

(the first image you see is a camera-generated jpeg preview stored in the raw file, which is replaced after "calculation" by a different rendering of the raw data).

If by "destroy" you mean "has obnoxious stripes and/or rectangles on it", then your raw file is corrupt.

• 2. Re: Import a RAW file
            Bogdan Caraman Photo Level 1

Thank you Rob for the reply; destroyed by tone and color. I do edits in Develop Room after Import but I did not know why the picture look different from the original.

• 3. Re: Import a RAW file
              areohbee Level 5

You're welcome Bogdan,

Bogdan Caraman Photo wrote:

I did not know why the picture look different from the original.

Just to be clear:

- Original is camera-generated jpeg preview (stored in the raw file).

- Different picture is Lr-rendering of raw data.

If you generally like the former better than the latter, then consider changing default settings, including camera calibration profile.

~R.