1 2 Previous Next 47 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2014 5:50 PM by Sairus Patel

Does anybody know why type might render strangely when viewing a PDF in Chrome, Firefox and IE?

Simonwinter

Does anybody know why type might render strangely when viewing a PDF in Chrome, Firefox and IE?

I have a client who I create a report for every year. This year there seems to be a problem with the PDFs that I have exported when they are viewed in various web browsers. To elaborate, the type is rendering inconsistently – in Chrome the weight of the type is inconsistent (ranging from light to something more heavy) and in IE the type appears more condensed, and the x-height is variable.

To my knowledge Chrome, Firefox and IE are all affected in one way or another. The problem does not occur in Safari.

We always use Helvetica Neue and have never had problems like this before. I am using the same version of Helvetica Neue as I always use, but even when I change the font to Helvetica the problem still persists.

On a deadline so would appreciate some support here. Box of beer to the person who can provide me with a working solution!

Thanks kindly

Simon Winter

1 2 Previous Next