3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2014 4:45 PM by Peter Spier

TOC and section markers

User 84

Can section markers that are added to a master page and updated with in a document be added to a TOC. I have created a paragraph style for section markers and added it to my TOC style but it will not show up when I create my TOC.

• 1. Re: TOC and section markers
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Where do you want the markers to appear?  Section prefixes should show with page numbers if you've selected to include them in the numbering and section options, but section markers are different, and I don't think tey would get picked up unless actually on a document page.

• 2. Re: TOC and section markers
            User 84 Level 1

Thanks for your help Peter.

Maybe you can help me with my next question. Again my document is broken up in to sections and in each section I have photos that I would like to add figures to. I have figured out how to create the figures and have them cross referenced, but I would like to have my figure reference the section number like so (Fig. 1 – 1.0) and (Fig. 1 – 2.0). Is there a way to do this

• 3. Re: TOC and section markers
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Not sure I understand what you want to do here, but the best you can do in a cross-ref is either insert the paragraph text or the page number. You could use a non-printing paragraph (put it in a non-printing frame, for example) for the cross-ref, or add the marker to the page number.