3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2014 10:23 PM by A.T. Romano

Can I export video only, no audio?

Engineerer

I'm using Premier Elements 11, on a Win 7 machine.

I've had too many "Failed when almost complete" projects, so on every project I do now,

I prefer to create and store several "subassembly" files, as sequenced/compiled mpeg files

(with "mt2" extensions, if stored at 1920x1080 for Bluray).

That way, I can import and assemble a small number of files, when I'm ready for final compiling and burning.

On some occasions, I'd like to be able to export video only, with no audio,

since I assume it would export faster (and since I'm going to add a narrated or musical track, later, for audio).

Can anyone please tell me how to export video only, with no audio, to an mpeg file?

And, will that approach also work for 1920x1080 m2t files?

• 1. Re: Can I export video only, no audio?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Engineerer

Premiere Elements 11 Windows 7 (assumed 64 bit)

Go to Publish+Share/Computer and, where applicable, click on the Advanced button of the preset selected. In the Export Setings Customization area for the preset, you should see a place to check  or uncheck for Export Video and Export Audio. Set accordingingly.

Please let us know if that worked for you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Can I export video only, no audio?
            Engineerer Level 1

Dang - I almost wish the answer had been a LITTLE harder than that.

Don't know why I didn't check that button again, after I got more into doing stuff.

It even has a "Quality" slider control, and I raised the quality level a bit, while I was there.

MANY THANKS!

• 3. Re: Can I export video only, no audio?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Engineerer

Lots to explore under the Advanced Button of those presets.

Have you gotten into selective export of Timeline content yet? If you do, that is a 2 part must do

1. set the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar to span the segment for selective export

BUT also

2. in that export area, have a check mark next to the "Share Work Area Bar Only" option.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions or to ask for clarification. Every question is important if you do not have

an answer for it.

Best wishes

ATR