3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2014 4:45 AM by JJMack

Photoshop keeps closing down

Monetary Dread

Photoshop keeps closing down on me.  I open Photoshop then it closes down when it finishes loading.  If I select an image in Windows explorer and choose to open with photoshop, the program opens up, then before the image appears I get a message asking if I want to save any changes before exiting the program.

• 1. Re: Photoshop keeps closing down
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

That's not good.  If you have any question about your situation. Ask them. If you want help trouble shooting. It would be helpful if you identify what version of windows your running. You should also make sure all the windows updates are installed. The same goes for Photoshop. What version and and what updates have been installed.  Information like can you start Photoshop from the windows start button or the windows 8 way.

• 2. Re: Photoshop keeps closing down
            Monetary Dread Level 1

Windows 8.1 and I am fully updated.  Windows updates, driver updates, I even updated the BIOS in my MB last month.  The version of Photoshop is the latest Creative Cloud update. 

• 3. Re: Photoshop keeps closing down
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Can you start Photoshop from its startup icon or what ever is used on Windows 8 I use windows 7 start button ir a desktop icon.  If you can start Photoshop does it work.  If if fails from windows explorer and the normal startup. Look at your windows 8 reliability  history for Photoshop crashes and see what information they contain. Which version of Photoshop did you install?