• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I sign into Digital Editions with a different Adobe ID to authorize a second Kobo reader?

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2014 Aug 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please tell me how to sign into / log onto /open Adobe Digital Editions with a different Adobe ID (other than the deault one) so I can authorize a second Kobo reader???  thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2014 Aug 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a reason you would want to use a different account? You can have (I think) 6 devices authorized to your Adobe ID. In addition to my computer I currently have 2 Kobo readers authorized, and previously also had 2 Sony readers. All my books can be copied to either reader, or a new device should I drop one into a lake (again).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2014 Aug 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you do this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2014 Aug 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First make sure you've already authorized your computer to your Adobe ID (under Help in the upper left corner of Adobe Digital Editions). Then plug in your reader with the USB cord and tell it to Connect to the computer. After a minute, you should see the reader on the left  in ADE and there's a dropdown list of things you can do, including authorizing or deauthorizing it to your Adobe ID. caveat: I have version 2.0 and I assume that version 3.0 is basically the same.

If you don't have your computer or readers authorized, then only the one where a book was bought or borrowed (i.e. a library book) 'owns' it and it can't be copied anywhere else. If you buy or borrow something on an authorized device, then your Adobe ID 'owns' it and it can be copied to another device authorized to your ID. I have a library of 1000+ ebooks and have my library backed up in case my computer dies. I can get a new computer, reinstall ADE, authorize my computer to my ID and import all my books again and everything will still be readable (it's happened...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines