• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message "No record for this loan is found on this machine, it may have been returned."

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2014 Aug 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I borrowed a book from my library and opened in ADE 3.0.  I accidentally returned it, so went to download it again.  When I tried, I received this error message: "No record for this loan is found on this machine, it may have been returned".

I know this was a problem with ADE 2.0, but I'm using 3.0.  Is this still an outstanding problem with the ADE software?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2014 Aug 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe if you returned the ebook you have to get an entirely new checkout. You cannot reuse the same ACSM file that you got the first time you checked the ebook out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2014 Sep 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why wouldn't my existing checkout allow another download?  I use OverDrive books and I can delete / return the title as many times as I want within my checkout period and re-download without experiencing this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2014 Sep 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same error. What type of e-reader are you using? I have a Nook HD and heard it is not compatible with ADE. For now, I am using the Overdrive app on my Nook, but I bought it for a reason! Hopefully someone out there can help us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

xthaigressx I have received the error message with both an iPad and a Nook!  This seems to be the same problem that was reported with ADE 2: Digital Editions 2.0 Available «  Adobe Accessibility.  I don't think that was ever resolved as most users seemed to need to downgrade to ADE 1.7.

Adobe, any suggestions / response?  This renders the last two versions of the app almost unusable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines