8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2014 10:49 AM by Don Knobi

Mehrere Clips auswählen

Don Knobi Level 1

Wie wähle ich mehrere Clips aus? Mit Shift, Alt und Strg klappt das nicht

• 1. Re: Mehrere Clips auswählen
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Don Knobi

The translate button is not working. The best that I can understand is that you want to know how to select clips (all at one time).

What version of Premiere Elements do you have and on what computer operating system is it running?

For now, the generalized answer, assuming some version of Windows...

1. Hold down the computer main keyboard Shift key and click on each of the Timeline clips that you want to be selected all at the same time.

2. If you want all the video clips on the Timeline, then Edit Menu/Select All

3. With the mouse cursor, going right to left, drag a rectangle around the Timeline video clips to select the ones you want

Please review and consider. If any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Mehrere Clips auswählen
            Don Knobi Level 1

Dear ATR,

nice to hear from you. My problem is to select several clips in the expert mode. To select several clips in the easy or quick mode (for example 10 clips) I make a mouse clic one the 1st to mark it, then - by pressing the Shift button - I make another click on the 10th. Then I can move the selection to another place in my editing window. This is not possible in the expert mode. I don´t know why. Also it is not possible to make a rectangle. I use the premiere elements version 12.1 in windows version 8.

Can you also tell me how to cut out some clips and insert them in front of some other clips by moving them to the right (not to overwrite them)?

I hope you can help me again.

Thank you

Tobias

• 3. Re: Mehrere Clips auswählen
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I keep this link on my IE Favorites BAR so it is always available

https://translate.google.com/

• 4. Re: Mehrere Clips auswählen
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Tobias

Thank you for the reply.

In Premiere Elements 12/12.1 on Windows 8.1 64 bit, if you want to select more than one clip at a time you can

a. As you hold down the Shift key of the computer main keyboard, with the mouse cursor, click on each of the Timeline files that you want

included in the selection of clips.

b. The easier way is to mouse left click at the top right of the area of the clips and drag diagonally downward across the clips you want to highlight all

at one time. Please see screenshot.

tri.jpg

Now if you wanted to move the clips highlighted to the beginning of the Timeline, you could

a. right click anywhere in the selection, select Group from the pop up menu, and then click on drag the whole Group to the beginning of the Timeline.

(you can ungroup later if you want to, using right click of the selected Group, and then Ungroup.

or

b. just, as you hold down the Alt key of the computer main keyboard, click and drag the selection to the beginning of the Timeline

(the intension of the Alt is to try to avoid disturbing the existing Timeline as you make the addition.

moving.jpg

Please review the above and then let us know if that works for you. If not, please details where it is not. Then will try to make the

description clearer.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Mehrere Clips auswählen
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

John

Thanks for the tip. But, I guess we became too dependent of the Translate Button that the web people placed at the bottom right of each post.

It, like Adobe Chat, is having continuing availability issues. As of this moment and for several days, if you hit a post Translate button, you get the message

"Translation service is temporarily unavailable".

As one of the forum moderator, could you put any time frame work into "temporarily"?

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: Mehrere Clips auswählen
                    Don Knobi Level 1

Hi ATR,

thank you very much for your helpful explanations. I could all them translate into action.

Now I have another question.

To insert some selected clips in another position I can move them in the way you told me before by holding the mouse button. Sometimes this is very time-consuming.  The other way is (I think so) to cut them out and insert them in the other position.

Which way is the better one?

Thanks

Tobias

• 7. Re: Mehrere Clips auswählen
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Tobias

Thank you for the reply.

The better way will depend on the circumstances of a Timeline situation that lends itself to a given approach. It may take a combination of techniques to accomplish certain Timeline rearrangements.

But the cut/paste is a good technique and may be the better way for you.

a. Select all the clips all at one time

b. Right clicking in the selection, and selecting Cut

c. Then moving the Timeline Indicator to the new position and

d. Edit Menu/Paste

You could also consider

a. selecting all the clips at the beginning that you want to move to the end of the Timeline content

b. moving that selection up from Video Track 1 to Video Track 2

c. selecting all the clips at the end of the Video Track 1 that you want to move to the beginning of Video Track 1

d. move that selection to the beginning of the Video Track 1

e. then move the Video Track 2 content (from step b) back to Video Track 1 at its end.

The way described in post 4 should not be too time consuming. But, the actual situation of the TImeline condition will

govern the choice in avoiding complications.

Please do not hesitate if questions or need clarification.

Thank you again.

ATR

• 8. Re: Mehrere Clips auswählen
                        Don Knobi Level 1

ATR,

thank you and bye bye until the next problems arrive

Tobias