Today I opened a document and found out that large part of it went crazy. I can't even describe it properly. Some pages missing, text blocks disappeared, total mess. I use ID for many years and I've never seen anything like that. It looks like this:
Is it some bug or what? I tried to restart ID then computer - it didn't help. Any ideas? Please help! Thanks!
Indeed, it does seem to be a bug. your missing frames are still there, but they've lost their dimensions.
Make a copy of the file for safety, then go to the spread where things seem to be missing. Select all and delete. You can then replace the frames and re-thread them.
THis file is corrupted. You could try to export this file and open it again and save as INDD.
If this does not help, I would check the IDML file with a XML tool and have a closer look into pages and layer definitions, there are some "layer names" which you can't find in the layer panel which are responsible for pages and other geometry. Maybe that there must be repaired something i the code. How to you should compare it with a simiar healthy file.
Exporting to IDML helped. File seems ok. Thanks!