6 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2007 3:28 AM by aniebel

Certification

fredula
      Hi there,

I hope someone can help me. I would like to take the Macromedia flash 8 developer certification exam. Adobe.com only has info on the mx developer exam. Although Thompsom Prometric( http://www.prometric.com) has the flash 8 exam listed. Has anyone here done the exam, and if so which resources or books should I use? I have found this book:(Macromedia Flash 8 Certified Developer Study Guide) , but almost no one has it.

Any help would be greatly apprecited.

Thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: Certification
          JoBelk
          I work for a Prometric Testing centre and I tried to book this exam too. As far as I know, it is listed but they do not have it when you try to book. I have taken the Dreamweaver 8 developer exam, but unless it has changed in the last month, there is no Flash 8 yet. I found the Certified Developer Study Guide very good for Dreamweaver, but again, maybe the book will be available when the exam is out.
          • 2. Re: Certification
            FlashChump
            Anybody what the deal is with the Flash 8 Developer certification? Has it been put on hold because CS3 is out?
            • 3. Re: Certification
              aniebel Level 2
              I am scheduled to take the "9A0-311 Certified Macromedia Flash 8 Exam - English (ENU)" with Pearson VUE. I could not find any study guides for it whatsoever. Adobe's site lists it in one spot but not another under official study guides. I even phoned Adobe and they had no idea where to find it.

I got the MX 2004 study guides... both the designer and developer... as not much has changed that significantly. I am crossing my fingers that it is enough.
              • 4. Re: Certification
                FlashChump Level 1
                Thanks for confirming my search results. Like you, I only found the general Flash 8 test without any specific guides out there. Please let me know the results of your exam.
                • 5. Re: Certification
                  panell
                  quote:

Originally posted by: aniebel
                  I am scheduled to take the "9A0-311 Certified Macromedia Flash 8 Exam - English (ENU)" with Pearson VUE. I could not find any study guides for it whatsoever. Adobe's site lists it in one spot but not another under official study guides. I even phoned Adobe and they had no idea where to find it.

I got the MX 2004 study guides... both the designer and developer... as not much has changed that significantly. I am crossing my fingers that it is enough.

You are talking about book or you have some materiali in eletronic form. If yes can you share them?

• 6. Re: Certification
                    aniebel Level 2
                    I got both MX 2004 study guides used on Amazon.