2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2014 2:07 AM by annettecarla

Why won't my InDesign CC 2014 document save any changes?

annettecarla Level 1

LS,

I work with an Apple laptop retina display with OS 10.9.4

I have an InDesign CC 2014 document and I can't save changes. I tried exporting as .idml opening that and saving as .indd. Doesn't work: nothing gets saved. I've replaced the preferences, that didn't do any good either. I have reinstalled InDesign CC 2014: nothing. I restarted my computer: no luck. When I open the same document on another computer it does O.K. Other InDesign documents are O.K. as well. What is going on?

Annette

• 1. Re: Why won't my InDesign CC 2014 document save any changes?
          Cari Jansen Adobe Community Professional

@Annette,

It sounds like you might be having some permissions issue on your computer, or there might be permission restrictions associated with the file you are working on. 

• Select the .indd file that is having issues
          • In the Finder, choose File > Get Info
          • Click the triangle to the left of Sharing & permissions at the bottom of the Info panel to see the permissions for your file.
          • Make changes if needed, or ask the owner of the file to make changes.

Always make sure that you have made a proper back-up before running system checks and fixes.

• Restart your Mac
          • In the Finder, choose Go > Utilities
          • Double-click the Disk Utility.app file
          • Select your Hard Drive in the list on the left, and choose Verify Permissions
          • If errors pop-up, then choose Repair Permissions.

Fingers crossed this will resolve the issue.

Cari

• 2. Re: Why won't my InDesign CC 2014 document save any changes?
            annettecarla Level 1

Hi Cari,

I'd already made a new User Account and for the time being that solved my problem. After receiving your suggestion I tried the Disk Utility.app (and repeated it several times) and it fixed the InDesign document (or rather the User Account on my Apple). Anyway: thank you for your help!

Annette