2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2014 9:21 AM by Ninjo X

why aren't my brushes working

Ninjo X Level 1

For some reason my brushes simply aren't working... I am trying to pencil in individual pixels on a background image that is unlocked and for some reason nothing I do is causing any sort of new coloration to appear... I have accidentally caused a color change twice but I do not know how I did it... this is the layout I am currently dealing withhoping for help.pngPlease can somebody throw me a line, I will have to use this technique on this image 55 times until I get the needed results (I will need to be able to do it on my own) and as of now I can't get it to do a thing... I am fairly new to Photoshop but I desperately need to be able to draw on this gauge pixel by pixel... I already know how to re-size my brush and many other things... but I don't know why it's not working... SOS!!!

• 1. Re: why aren't my brushes working
          Noel Carboni Level 8

Are you possibly selecting the Quick Selection tool instead of the pencil tool?  (at the moment of your screen grab the eyedropper tool was selected, so it's hard to be sure).

Also, make sure you don't have a selection made somewhere else.

By the way, I thought that was a Squirtle.

-Noel

• 2. Re: why aren't my brushes working
            Ninjo X Level 1

A friend of mine pointed me in the right direction last night by telling me to check out masking layers... I don't know why it wasn't working before but it is now appreciate the help... that is a squirtle in the frame actually, but what i need are the player's HP and EXP gauges now I've got em