6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2014 4:30 AM by dj_paige

Getting back a photo that I unknowingly used Ctrl+Alt+shift+D on....?

talkntrky

I commonly use Ctrl+Alt+Shift+E to export all of my files that I am working on from LR5.  I did that (or thought so) to a file that I was finished with.  I then went on to a couple more files, tweaked and exported them too.  I then checked my destination file and the one picture was not there.....   After some re-tracking of my steps, and trying to figure out what my clumsy fingers had hit, I have determined that this is what must have happened......

I want this picture to be included with the batch of pictures that I had downloaded into LR5 ....  900+ of them off a 64g card... any way that I can "re-include" that file back....?

Thanks for the information....

• 1. Re: Getting back a photo that I unknowingly used Ctrl+Alt+shift+D on....?
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't use that shortcut to delete images. There's nothing wrong with it, I just prefer not to use it. My personal choice is to mark images for deletion, and then use Ctrl/Bkspc to display the marked images with an option to delete them. So my question is when you use this shortcut that you use, does he give you the option to actually delete the images or simply remove them from Lightroom? If it does, and you simply chose to remove them from Lightroom then you should be able to simply import them again. They will have to be imported and the work all done over again because Lightroom will treat them as new images. If you chose to actually delete the images from your computer and they should be in your recycle bin or trash unless you have emptied it. If the images are there then you can restore them and import them again.

• 2. Re: Getting back a photo that I unknowingly used Ctrl+Alt+shift+D on....?
            talkntrky Level 1

Deselect un-flagged photos is what the "edit" key says is what actually happened.....  I did not intend, nor do I use that shortcut to delete (cuz yes it always asks).....

I had intended to use CtrlAltShift+E......  to "export with previous file"... I evidently did to much work to use Ctrl Z to bring it back...  as that WOULD have worked had I caught it sooner.

So if I "De-selected this un-flagged photo"....  how do I make it "re-select.... or Re-appear"....?

Thank you for your input,

Roy

Sent from my iPad

• 3. Re: Getting back a photo that I unknowingly used Ctrl+Alt+shift+D on....?
              dj_paige Level 9

There's something else going on here ... Ctrl-Alt-Shift-D should not make a photo disappear from Lightroom, it should just deselect it ... so when you meant to Export with Previous (Ctrl-Alt-Shift-E) and you accidentally hit Ctrl-Alt-Shift-D, the very simple solution (so it seems to me) is to select the photo in Lightroom (by clicking on it), and then export it to the desired folder, and now all of your exports are where you want them to be.

Have you tried this?

• 4. Re: Getting back a photo that I unknowingly used Ctrl+Alt+shift+D on....?
                talkntrky Level 1

If I knew where the photo went I would try that....  However THAT picture is gone,  I have tried it with other pictures as well....  once you push Ctrl+alt+shift+D the picture that is highlighted dissappears from the filmstrip (and completely out of the imported files....?)

As I said above...  caught soon enough, I can "Ctrl Z" and it re-appears.  However after processing a couple of more images it seems this one is "un-recoverable" .....?

• 6. Re: Getting back a photo that I unknowingly used Ctrl+Alt+shift+D on....?
                  dj_paige Level 9

talkntrky wrote:

If I knew where the photo went I would try that....  However THAT picture is gone,  I have tried it with other pictures as well....  once you push Ctrl+alt+shift+D the picture that is highlighted dissappears from the filmstrip (and completely out of the imported files....?)

Have you searched for one of these photographs in Lightroom under "All Photographs", with Filters turned off (Ctrl-L once or twice). It should be there.