Is there an error message? What does it say, exactly, word-for-word?
No, there is not an error message poping up saying something concrete, like error 27 or something ...
A window with a "faillure report" appears but I guess that is far to long to copy it in here!?
You have to give us some details
- Operating System
- Version of Lightroom
- when the crash happens do you have to restart the computer? or does it return to your operating system?
- describe anything Lightroom related that appears on the screen (like the splash screen) before the crash
- Operating System is Mac OS X (10.9.4)
- Version of Lightroom is 4.4
- When the "faillure report" occurs at the bottum of that window I can eitehr click "OK" or "restart again". If I click "restart again" it immediately crashes again.
- Yes, the splash screen appears before crashing - nothing else!
of course I lost some individual settings but at least it works and the catalogue structure is also in function.
Is there any reason that this happened while being in the diashow module? Or was it just by accident because the computer was just - out of whatever reason - temporarily overloaded?
I can't give an answer ... other than the vague answer that it happens to many Lightroom users (including me) for many reasons, the cause doesn't have to be the slideshow/diashow. Maybe someone else can explain how and why this happens.