5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2014 2:48 PM by Szalam

After Effects CC 12.2 Purge issue?

tanders61

Hello,

I'm really scratching my head here. Using AFX CC hasn't exactly been as smooth as I hoped for. I keep getting “hick ups” both during

previewing and rendering. It's always one frame that messes up. It seems that AFX is “collecting” the wrong frame at the wrong time.

A straight Purge memory isn't solving the issue, but if I Purge All Memory and start previewing the precomps from the very first one AFX

seem to get it right. I have a relatively simple master comp set up (using Element 3D) with three layers of precomps in it. I've spent the

last few hours trying to get a 18 sec sequence to render properly, which it also did until I now changed the color on the 3D Element logo

in the composition. From then on it's only been frustrations. Any tips are highly appreciated. Thanks.

Kind regards,

Terje Rian

• 1. Re: After Effects CC 12.2 Purge issue?
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Are you on the latest version 12 update? 12.2.1.5, I believe is the most current version 12.

Do you have the same issues with version 13?

Besides Element 3D, what effects are being used?

• 2. Re: After Effects CC 12.2 Purge issue?
            tanders61 Level 1

Hello,

Thanks for replying. My CC software is up to date pr 18th of Aug 2014.

Version 13? I'm not sure what you're referring to?

My OS version is 10.8.5. I use a Mac Pro 2x2.4 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon with 32 GB Ram 1333 MHz DDR3.

My AFX cache disk is a Samsung 840 Pro SSD 512 GB disk.

I'm not using other effects in this particular comp.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

-terje

• 3. Re: After Effects CC 12.2 Purge issue?

tanders61 wrote:

Thanks for replying. My CC software is up to date pr 18th of Aug 2014.

Version 13? I'm not sure what you're referring to?

When you click Help>About, what version does AE say it is? If it's 12.2.1.5, you're up to date for version 12.

However, 12 is not the latest version of AE. You can go into your Creative Cloud software and download the latest version of AE which will be called CC 2014. It's After Effects version 13.

• 4. Re: After Effects CC 12.2 Purge issue?
                tanders61 Level 1

Oh, I'm sorry! I use 13.0.2. of AFX when these issues occur. I also have installed AFX CC. Without double checking I ended

giving you the info related to this particular installation. Maybe I need to delete it to solve my ongoing issues? Are there any preference

issues that occurs between these two versions, do you think? Thank you!

Cheers,

-terje

• 5. Re: After Effects CC 12.2 Purge issue?

If your problems are occurring in version 13, try saving your project as version 12 and open it in the older version. Whether the problems persist or if it works fine, will improve the troubleshooting.

There aren't preference issues between the two versions. You should be able to happily work with multiple versions of AE on your system. I have four versions on my home machine (10, 11, 12, and 13) with no problems.