4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2014 8:36 AM by A.T. Romano

can i select a default font for dvd menus ---the " apply to all...2 selection does not appear to work .

grantham8 Level 1

in Pre12 can i select a default font for dvd menus ---the " apply to all...2 selection does not appear to work . I want to use Times new roman for everything and its a pain scrolling through the font list for every title .  OR alternatively --can i delete a lot of fonts from the list ?

• 1. Re: can i select a default font for dvd menus ---the " apply to all...2 selection does not appear to work .
          A.T. Romano Level 7

grantham8

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

The answer to your question "in Pre12 can i select a default font for dvd menus"

as I see it is No (any version).

Those are the font, font siize, and font color designed into the theme's .psd file that is what is being traced back to from the Premiere Elements Movie Menu customization area. Either:

a. You do the menu customization opportunities as they present

or

b. If you want that menu to always present with everything using the font you want, then do edit the theme's .psd file on the hard drive (with Photoshop CS or higher).

It is my understanding that the fonts that Premiere Elements uses are the Windows Fonts. Even if you could selectively delete all the fonts in a given menu, I suspect that the end result would be a menu that failed to work rather than one that defaulted to your survival font because there was no other to select.

Again, the font of a particular theme is predetermined by the font that is designed into the .psd file for the menu.

If you want information on how to edit your theme's font at the .psd level, please let me know the menu involved and all the details of the font change., item per item....buttons, titles....

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: can i select a default font for dvd menus ---the " apply to all...2 selection does not appear to work .
            A.T. Romano Level 7

grantham8

Just an add on to my post numbered 1 in your thread.

You may be misinterpreting "apply to all..." in the Movie Theme customization area.

Each of the menus (be it a main menu or scene menu) have a built in number of buttons per page. When the number of a given type of Timeline marker exceeds the number of the menu designed in buttons, then additional (copies) of the menu are generated to accommodate the overflow. In short, you can end up having several main menu pages plus several scene menu pages depending on the number of Timeline markers versus the number of designed in buttons per menu page.

When you have customized the text in a menu, double check the exact wording of the "apply to all...."

Apply to All Play Buttons

Apply to All Scene Buttons

Apply to All Navigational Buttons

Apply to All Text Items

Apply to All Marker Buttons

Apply to all....is not a massive change of text for all (and any) text in the menus.

Example....

If you change the Play text on the main menu page 1 and you hit "Apply to All Play Buttons", then the change will be applied to the "Play" text on main menu page 2, 3, or however many additional main menu pages had to be generated to accommodate the designed in buttons per page of the main menu situation.

Example

If you change the Title text for the main menu page 1, the associated directive is "Apply to All Text Items". If you select that directive, then the change will be applied to Title text in additional main menus pages as well as to Title text in any scene menu pages.

Please let me know if you are OK with that information or if you need clarification.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: can i select a default font for dvd menus ---the " apply to all...2 selection does not appear to work .
              grantham8 Level 1

Hi ATR , thanks for your reply ---I can now see that it is a misunderstanding of the terminology of "apply to all----"   I took that to be everything on that particular screen and now understanding that it is only the particular type of title on subsequent screens --I know what I mean !    Tried it for the scene buttons and it worked on the single screen because there are multiple entries ..

Thank you for the correct reply

Still could do with  a quicker way of actually selecting the font ---such as being able to enter part of its title (say Time  )  and the system automatically scrolling down to that position in the list

Terry

• 4. Re: can i select a default font for dvd menus ---the " apply to all...2 selection does not appear to work .
                A.T. Romano Level 7

grantham8

Thanks for the reply and the good news that you are OK with the information.

As for a quicker way of selecting the font....unfortunately, no search field to type in....but, if you have not already...go to and open font list, and then use the computer keyboard's down arrow key or (when applicable) the up arrow key to scroll through the font list.

The alternative is using those tiny triangles at the top and bottom of the font list for the scroll through.

Probably no difference.

Your follow up was much appreciated.

Best wishes

ATR