1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 17, 2014 12:26 AM by Silkrooster

How do I add video in my Photoshop images and graphics? I need it to play in Adobe Acrobat when I'm done.

mrfuriousstylez

I designed an electronic press kit and I need the video to play on it. I'm getting the video link from YouTube so I was wondering how to make that happen. I already tried putting the YouTube link behind the video layer so it can be clickable in Acrobat, but when I sent it to the online magazine forum there was a lot of lines in it. I saw this YouTube video on how to do it but it requires ImageReady TUTORIAL-Add video to your Photoshop images and graphics! - YouTube. I don't have the Photoshop to ImageReady button in my PS....HELP! How do I get this done?!?!?

• 1. Re: How do I add video in my Photoshop images and graphics? I need it to play in Adobe Acrobat when I'm done.
          Silkrooster Adobe Community Professional & MVP

That tutorial is extremely old. ImageReady was last used in CS2. In other words that program no longer exists.

Luckily video made its way into photoshop so you can easily import your video into photoshop.

Instead of an animation panel, it is now called the timeline panel. When the panel first opens it will ask you if you want an animation or a movie. Choosing movie will reduce the number of layers required down to just 2, one for the movie and one for the TV image. Since this is a timeline, you can split the timeline to remove any portion of the video you do not want or need to add an effect to that area of the timeline. Each time you split the video, it will move it to a new layer for you.

You can still export as an animated gif by using the File>Save As dialog box. or You can export as a movie and choose another video format. Which format and codec you can choose will depend on how many other video apps of Adobe's you also have installed.