9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2015 4:53 AM by RikkFlohr

Lightroom Mobile on Android

DanielFlanagan

Am I the only one wondering why it has been months and we've heard nothing about the best mobile OS getting Lr Mobile support?!?!?!

• 1. Re: Lightroom Mobile on Android
          dj_paige Level 9

No, you're not the only one wondering ... many threads on this issue ...

• 2. Re: Lightroom Mobile on Android
            Geoff the kiwi Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It was said when Lr Mobile was released that an Android version would happen..... Adobe never releases dates though as that would breach regulations.

• 3. Re: Lightroom Mobile on Android
              LewisABrown

Please forgive me Geoff for my ignorance here, but would breach WHOSE regulations?  Call me cynical but why do I get the feeling that the lack of Android release is due to a commercial agreement that Adobe has with Apple???

What I find incredibly frustrating and annoying is that Adobe as an organisation seem to think that everyone operates an iPad, iPhone and that we all sit in front of our Apple Mac laptops and destops!!!  I should also point out that in all fairness to Adobe, they are not the only ones....

Is it really that difficult for Adobe to understand that there are far more Android devices in the world than there are iPhones and iPads?  The fact that many organisations and individuals have in fact moved away from Apple and gone back to high powered Windows computers due Apple's incredibly high TCO (total cost of ownership)

It would be nice, not to mention a miracle, that one day Adobe might treat their Android / Windows users equally.  Funnily enough,  they might just gain greater respect too????  Now there's a thought......

• 4. Re: Lightroom Mobile on Android
                dj_paige Level 9

What I find incredibly frustrating and annoying is that Adobe as an organisation seem to think that everyone operates an iPad, iPhone and that we all sit in front of our Apple Mac laptops and destops

I can't imagine that Adobe thinks that, or how you arrived at that conclusion. Something had to be released first, and that was the Apple version, that's really the only conclusion you can make here.

Is it really that difficult for Adobe to understand that there are far more Android devices in the world than there are iPhones and iPads?

Again, I seem to think you are jumping to conclusions. I'm sure they know the size of the population of Android users.

It would be nice, not to mention a miracle, that one day Adobe might treat their Android / Windows users equally.  Funnily enough,  they might just gain greater respect too????

You mean like how Adobe dis-respects Windows users by continuing to offer a 32bit version of Lightroom? They could have said 64bit only, leaving a lot more Windows users unable to use Lightroom, but they did not. You know, it's kind of like they are showing respect to Windows users ...

• 5. Re: Lightroom Mobile on Android
                  LewisABrown Level 1

dj Paignton,  maybe I'm being a little unfair towards Adobe, but when it comes to mobile imaging support it is very clear there are far more iOS only applications out there than Android and I agree that LR Mobile is just one of those applications,  but nevertheless,  a very important one.

I don't know whether you are a iOS or Android user, but it has been very clearly documented that there are more Android devices outo there than iOS, but there is no doubt that iOS users are vocally very loyal!!!!  LOL

Surely it would make sense for Adobe to give a rough indication as to when an Android version of LR Mobile will be available?  This would certainly stop a lot of speculation and complaints,  but instead we hear nothing from Adobe...  One should also note, as this is a forum, users often express their own views / opinions and I'm afraid I'm no exception

• 6. Re: Lightroom Mobile on Android
                    dj_paige Level 9

As stated above, Adobe never pre-announces release dates of software. It has nothing to do with Apple, that is Adobe's policy, it has been true as long as I have been following Adobe, and is true for every piece of software that Adobe publishes that I am familiar with.

So whether or not "it would make sense for Adobe to give a rough indication as to when an Android version of LR Mobile will be available" is a true statement, its not going to happen.

• 7. Re: Lightroom Mobile on Android
                      Keith_Reeder Level 4

DanielFlanagan wrote:

Am I the only one wondering why it has been months and we've heard nothing about the best mobile OS getting Lr Mobile support?!?!?!

Let's see:

https://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?q=lightroom+android

You've heard nothing for the same reason that (say) 7D Mk II users - of which there will be many, very soon - won't find out from Adobe when the camera will be supported by Lr: Adobe, like every other company in this space, doesn't work that way. It happens when it happens, and that's when we'll know about it. Not before.

• 8. Re: Lightroom Mobile on Android
                        LewisABrown Level 1

Mr Paige ,  my sincerest apologies that my posting could make you so angry, or is that just generally your normal attitude?  Who would have thought that one individual's opinion could have been so offensive!!!!