1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 17, 2014 7:20 AM by Rick Gerard

Trialling After Effects... Brushes and Roto brush facility simply won't work

GOB98

Teaching English as a foreign language and using film skills.

I need to start doing the 'magic wand' equivalent of using moving images overlaid for science and history... you know the drill, planets in the sky etc, standing in a battle scene.

Now I've done this on MAC OK but downloaded to Win7 84 bit and the roto brushes just won't draw edit lines on the content... I've tried all manner of formats AVI, MOC MP4 etc but nothing.

What's so different about Windows I need to know?

• 1. Re: Trialling After Effects... Brushes and Roto brush facility simply won't work
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Duplicate thread.... As I basically said before, there is not difference in functionality between a Windows and a Mac machine. I used both yesterday to do Rotobrush. The success and accuracy depend on the quality of the image sequence or video. No edge detail or random edges and your success will not be very high. Have you gone through the Rotobrush tutorials? Are you working in the Footage window? Lots of questions here that need to be answered before anyone can help you with a tool that works when used with the right kind of footage in a proper manner.