7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2014 11:07 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere elements 9: editing of Projects not possible

rreekkuu

I bougth a laptop with adobe premiere elements 9 installed. It worked very well until a crash of the hard drive.

I baught a new hard drive and installed all software on the new drive. Premiere elements 9 was insalled without any failure. It can be opened but I can not edit or create any project. Most of the menue items are shown gayed.

Can anyboy help?

• 1. Re: Premiere elements 9: editing of Projects not possible
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

From the Premiere Elements Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180

•You MUST use an account with Administrator Privileges to run Premiere Elements

•(Doing Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 [says Encore and also for "All" versions of Premiere] will sometimes fix "odd" errors)

•What version of Premiere Elements? Include the minor version number (e.g., Premiere Elements 12 with the 12.0.1 update).

•What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac"

•Has this ever worked before?  If so, do you recall any changes you made to Premiere Elements, such as adding Plug-ins, brushes, etc.?  Did you make any changes to your system, such as updating hardware, printers or drivers; or installing/uninstalling any programs?

•Have you installed any recent program or OS updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)

•What kind(s) of image file(s)? When talking about camera raw files, include the model of camera.

•If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?

•What were you doing when the problem occurred?

•What other software are you running?

•Tell us about your computer hardware. How much RAM is installed?  How much free space is on your system (C:) drive?

And some other questions...

•What are you editing, and does your video have a red line over it BEFORE you do any work?

•Which version of Quicktime do you have installed?

• 2. Re: Premiere elements 9: editing of Projects not possible
            rreekkuu Level 1

1.) To run premiere elements with administrator preiveges don't help. Neither with a new Project nor with a project created after the new installation (but without functioning).

2.) My version is permiere elements 9.0 (N239.30092010.243321).

3.) My operating system is windows 7 home premium

4.) premiere elements 9 has worked before I had to reinstall all software on a new hard drive (old drive crashed). I don't can not remember changes on premiere elements or the operationg system or printer drivers or anything else.

5.) I Have installed windows updates sugested from windows OS

6.) I want to work with JPEG and MP4 and ..., but I have no oportiunity to load these files. After opening a new project, I see only the menue bar and a gray screen. Nearly all menue items are shown grayed and can not be used.

7.) I don't get a error meassage. I get only that gay window without the common window areas.

8.) I only try to work with premiere elements

9.) I don't run any other software during working wit premiere elements. Only the organizer is working properly (with and without administrator priveleges).

10.) The computer is a dell XPS 15Z with 6 GB RAM, with 130 GB free space on the C: drive.

11.) I can not edit anything. I can not open any video file.

12.) My QuickTime version is 7.7.5 (1680.95.13)

• 3. Re: Premiere elements 9: editing of Projects not possible
              A.T. Romano Level 7

rreekkuu

This is what I would like you to do to troubleshoot this issue....

Make sure that the issue exists with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled. Then if that did not help...

Uninstall Premiere Elements 9 via the usual Control Panel route.

Do a free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts)

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Reinstall the program with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

Keep the program closed.

Download and install the 9.0.1 Update (Premiere Elements 9 remains closed while this is going on.)

Adobe - Premiere Elements : For Windows : Premiere Elements 9.0.1 update

Reopen Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1, and open a new project in the Timeline workspace. So far so good or not? Hopefully, OK, but if not OK....

Delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file, and, if necessary, the whole 9.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 9.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then you delete the whole 9.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

If is not going to help the present situation (that is just trying to install), but your 6 GB installed RAM is not a factor here since that Premiere Elements 9 or 9.0.1 is a 32 bit application running in a 32 or 64 bit application and as such has all the limitations of 32 bit system - maximum supported installed RAM = 4 GB of which typically 3.2 to 3.0 GB of that are available.

Please review and consider. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere elements 9: editing of Projects not possible
                rreekkuu Level 1

Tryed evrything you sugested above but wihout success :- (

I fear I can not premiere elements 9 or 9.0.1.

Best regards and thanks for your help.

• 5. Re: Premiere elements 9: editing of Projects not possible
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

rreekkuu

Do not give up.

Please consider one or each of the following.

1. Create a new User Account with Administrative Privileges and install and run Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 in it.

2. The other thought is to get new Premiere Elements 9 installation files. To do that, go to the following web site and download and install the Premiere Elements 9 tryout files. It is critical that you read and carry out to the word the web site's "Note: Very Important Instructions" so that you do not get an Access Denied Message. Read the "Note: Very Important Instructions" noting the "here" button there in the instructions given.

Photoshop Elements 9 & Premiere Elements 9 Direct Download Links | ProDesignTools

You can insert your purchased serial number into these files and make this Premiere Elements 9 your working copy. Remember, after the install, download and install the 9.0.1 Update.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4929

We will be watching for your results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: Premiere elements 9: editing of Projects not possible
                    rreekkuu Level 1

Hello

I tried everything, but without success. Got always the eame result. Now I give up.

Thank you for your support. Bye!

Reiner

• 7. Re: Premiere elements 9: editing of Projects not possible
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Reiner

Thanks for the update. Sorry that the news was not better.

If you ever decide to revisit the issue, we will continue to try to find the missing ingredient to get your Premiere Elements 9 to work for you.

Best wishes for whatever video editor you decide to work with.

Best wishes

ATR