1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 17, 2014 10:55 AM by dj_paige

moving files from pc to macboook

tula24

I moved my  catalog and pictures from the pc to my new macbook pro.  I opened lr and my catalog.  or course it could not find my pictures because I could not reproduce the path it used on the pc no matter how i set it up, which was originally c:\users\susan\picture.  When as suggested I right clicked on the folder and selected find missing folder and located it, lr removed it from my library in that catalog.  I recopied the catalog back to the mac to include all folders again but am totally out of solutions here - can anyone help.  I bought this primarily for my photography so if I can't get it ti recognize the thousands of pictures already in the catalog I am sunk

• 1. Re: moving files from pc to macboook
          dj_paige Level 9

When as suggested I right clicked on the folder and selected find missing folder and located it, lr removed it from my library in that catalog.

That's not what happened. Your directory was not removed from Lightroom.

If the desired directory was under c:\users\susan\picture before, the directory with your photos (as shown in Lightroom) has now been moved to your Mac Drive under some Mac top level folder. Within Lightroom, search through the folders on your Mac drive, you will find what you are looking for.