5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2014 10:06 AM by Yardena

creating an effect

Yardena Level 1

hello,

I want to create an unique effect such as the effect used in the series: wonder woman from the 80's when wonder woman spins. so how do i do that

if it's in premiere or after effects

thanks,

Yardena

צילום מסך (9).png

• 1. Re: creating an effect
          bogiesan Level 4

There's nothing difficult about this so maybe I'm misunderstanding your question:

The actress gets to her mark and spins. Stop camera. Change costume. The actress gets to her mark, roll camera, and spins. In the edit you cut the two scenes together seamlessly (because you locked down the camera and all lighting) and you overly any pixel dust or glittery effect you have at your disposal or wish to create. You change the frame rate or shutter speed to blur or crisp or smear the spinning actress. You spend lots of time on the magic effect or not. You shoot your actress spinning against a greenscreen so you can drop a stock effect shot onto any scene.

• 2. Re: creating an effect
            Yardena Level 1

thanks for you reply but i've just recently started using this program (AE) and i don't quite understand what you are saying cause i'm not so familiar with the terms, yet. can you be more specific, please?

and anyways i need only the effect with no one in it.

is it done in premiere or in AE?

thanks,

Yardena

• 3. Re: creating an effect
              Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Are you just saying you need a sparkling glow? Look up tutorials on using particle effects to create sparkles.

Apply a Glow effect over that.

If you're new to AE, you should really start here: Getting started with After Effects

• 4. Re: creating an effect
                bogiesan Level 4

Yardena wrote:

thanks for you reply but i've just recently started using this program (AE) and i don't quite understand what you are saying cause i'm not so familiar with the terms, yet. can you be more specific, please?

and anyways i need only the effect with no one in it.

is it done in premiere or in AE?

thanks,

Yardena

We know you're new. Nothing wrong with that, we were all new to After Effects at one time or another. But you've got to someday start figuring this stuff out on your own instead of posting an inquiry each time you have a new challenge. AE is difficult and we seem to have a language barrier, too. Can you not locate AE users in your country? There must be some.

Start with youtube and vimeo. Search for After Effects tutorials with names like particles, stardust, pixie dust, sparkle, transporter, wormhole and magic glow.

Eventually you will find some stuff you want to try. Particle and transporter effects are not difficult, they're just complex. Particle systems have dozens of parameters and adjustments.

Patience and experimentation are necessary after you've done some basic research. You'll get it.

• 5. Re: creating an effect
                  Yardena Level 1

yes, I need exactly that kind of an effect.

o.k. I'll try the two options, thanks.