3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2014 10:09 AM by A.T. Romano

GDI Generic 1.1.0 and PE12

jivebuck Level 1

When I boot up PE12 on my windows 7 64 bit pc I get a message alerting me to a better display driver using 'GDI generic 1.1.0', but I cannot find anything about this searching microsoft support? Can anyone enlighten me?

Jivebuck

• 1. Re: GDI Generic 1.1.0 and PE12
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jivebuck

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on?

That GDI Generic 1.1.0 is probably prefaced with "Microsoft".

Have you updated from Premiere Elements 12 to its update 12.1 via the opened project's Help Menu/Update? If not, please do so.

As for this display card error message....

1. Make sure that your computer video card/graphics card version is up to date according to the manufacturer of the card or the manufacturer of the computer.

If it is, then...

2. Delete the BadDrivers.txt file. Assuming either Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, the path to it is

Local Disk C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the Premiere Elements Folder is the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete. The Premiere Elements Folders has folders in it besides this lone BadDrivers.txt file. You do not want anything in those folders in the Premiere Elements Folder. You want the BadDrivers.txt file in the Premiere Elements Folder. After you close out of there and open a Premiere Elements 12 project, the program will generate a new BadDrivers.txt file and hopefully the problem will be gone. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path.

Monday.jpg

The rationale behind the deletion of the BadDrivers.txt file is given in post 10 of the following older thread dealing with version 9. This deletion has been a life saver to those using other versions besides 9.

Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem

Please review and consider and then let us know your results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: GDI Generic 1.1.0 and PE12
            jivebuck Level 1

Hi AT Thanks for your advice. My system is windows7 64 bit PC customised

for Video editing. Windows is on auto update. However a Java updater was

actioned this morning. My Graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce 9600GT which

has now been updated and also auto update initiated. One would have thought

that this would be part of the original installation rather than a select

option of which I wasn't aware. PE12 was already updated to latest version

However the result is that I no longer get the Display driver message. So

all's well.

As regards my previous query with you regarding lost source files following

a reinstallation of windows 7 and upgrading from PE11 to 12 . I have

finally written off any hope of restitution of the edit following our

mutual exhaustive efforts to find the folder with the correct file

identities. So I'm starting over which is irritating but inevitable.

Yours in thanks

Mike aka jivebuck

Yours,

Mike Owens

• 3. Re: GDI Generic 1.1.0 and PE12
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Mike Owens

Sounds like major progress with the display card messages gone. Great work.

Starting over with regard to those lost files is troublesome but it is probably the

most practical way to get your project moving forward to a successful completion.

When your schedule permits, please let us know the outcome of your new project.

Best wishes

ATR