3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2014 11:48 AM by A.T. Romano

Why is "set clip marker in" greyed out

martznbarb

I do oral history and I want to listen to the whole interview and set ins and outs of the interview so I can then edit the interview into a smaller size.  In Adobe Premiere Elements 12 the set clip marker in and out is greyed.  I have tried it with the media beingin in .mts and .mov still not able to use that .  When I just use the numbered markers as soon as I move something or trim something they are in the wrong place.

not sure what I am doing incorrectly.

Would appreciate help

• 1. Re: Why is "set clip marker in" greyed out
          A.T. Romano Level 7

martznbarb

Always good to know what computer operating system that the Premiere Elements 12 is running on, but....

You should have no problem with Expert workspace "clip markers" (See Expert workspace Clip Menu/Set Clip Marker/ with the numbered or unnumbered choice) if you remember to select the clip involved first.

The Markers/Timeline Marker route leads to markers that do not stay with the content.

Please give my suggestion a look. It should work for you.

Looking forward to your results.

ATR

• 2. Re: Why is "set clip marker in" greyed out
            martznbarb Level 1

You are right when you use Expert workspace/clipmenur/set clip marker/with numbered or unnumbered choice) it does stay with the content.  Thanks I was using the marker at the left side of the timeline. thanks for helping me take a closer look.  I am FCP person and this is a new interface.  I made the choice of this program as we have unexperienced editors doing the editing.  I am teaching myself and sharing with them.  In the long run I think it will be a good choice.  I just have to believe that the features are there.

Thanks

B

PS we are using boh windows and mac and lots of different systems.  Volunteers all the way.

• 3. Re: Why is "set clip marker in" greyed out
              A.T. Romano Level 7

B

You will do just fine. The principles tend to stay the same from version to version. It is those features that tend to get moved, get changed, or discontinued from version to version. I always say that it is particularly frustrating to be armed with principles when you cannot find a feature. We all had to "adjust" when the major workspace change came with versions 11 and has continued to the present.

Please do not hesitate to ask if questions or need clarification. All questions are important if they do not have an answer for them that works for you..

Best wishes

ATR