7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 18, 2014 7:48 PM by A.T. Romano RSS

I cant record from my webcam help!

LizzyLove

I am using Adobe Premiere Elements 12 on a HP Pavillion Windows 7 64 bit operating system with approx.  525 gb available hard drive capacity. 

When I open up Adobe Premiere everything works fine except when I attempt to record from my webcam, the new window comes up and I can see myself thru the stream that all looks fine except I cant click on anything, its the weirdest thing, like I cant even click on the x in the corner to close the window when it isn't working, the only way I can close Adobe because I can't get out of the screen is to bring up my task manager by ctrl alt delete and close adobe that way.  When I do that it doesn't say that the program is not responding or anything, it actually says it is running as if nothing is wrong yet something is definitely wrong.  This happened to me the first time I went to use my new Adobe software and I chalked it up to me not knowing what I was doing but at this point I have quite a few videos under my belt and feel pretty comfortable with the program.  I have never had a situation like this before with any program and I am not sure how to resolve it.  Please let me know if you need more information in order to help me, I really appreciate any help I can get.  I am so frustrated, I get everything all ready and set up for the video, get myself all ready and then try to hit record and I can't nothing happens, seriously totally frustrating!!!!!  HELP!!!!!

• 1. Re: I cant record from my webcam help!
          A.T. Romano Community Member

LizzyLove

Working on this now. Is your webcam built into the computer or is it attached via USB?

What software does the webcam use?

ATR

• 2. Re: I cant record from my webcam help!
            LizzyLove Community Member

its attached via usb, but I finally just got ahold of chat support and they are about to take remote access to solve the problem, sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your help 

• 3. Re: I cant record from my webcam help!

LizzyLove

Be sure to update Premiere Element 12 to 12.1 using a project's Help Menu/Update.

When the Webcam is on, is it in the Full Motion or Stop Motion setting? Try both if you have not already.

Does the Capturing Source: correctly identify your web cam?

Does the Audio: correctly identify your microphone? Is your microphone USB or the type that plugs into the computer jack?

(try to use the web cam without any microphone connected - silent movie for the moment)

What is shown for the Save In: and how much free space is at that save location?

Beforehand, go to Elements Organizer 12, Edit Menu/Preferences/Media Analysis and disable all the AutoAnalzyer and other options under

Media Analysis.

Did any of the above have any impact on the issue?

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: I cant record from my webcam help!

LizzyLove

When your schedule permits, please let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: I cant record from my webcam help!

well 2 hours later and the problem is now fixed.  I asked the support tech to tell me what the problem was so I could report it back here in case anyone else is dealing with the same issue but apparently it is a secret?   lol   The support tech tells me after spending over 2 hours on my computer "fixing" the problem that "no problem was found" and that it is working fine now.  I said that he had been working on my computer for an awful long time to be fixing nothing?  he said "Elizabeth it is working fine"  so I said thank you and goodbye.   Im sorry I dont know what to tell you about the outcome other then he worked on my computer for over 2 hours doing all kinds of things that I dont understand and now it is working and apparently "No problem was found"?  sorry!

• 6. Re: I cant record from my webcam help!

and then I go to make my video finally the video I have been trying to make since 7 hours ago and its NOT WORKING doing the exact same thing that I complained about in the beginning!!!!!!!!  this is ridiculous!!!!

• 7. Re: I cant record from my webcam help!

LizzyLove

I appreciate the thought in the follow up. I smiled when I read your report on the answer that you got to your direct question at the end your session with the support person.

Did you notice what settings this Adobe support person was using when controlling your computer and Premiere Elements? No matter now.

Please take a look at the comments in post 3 and determine if anything there impacts the present situation.

If you have not already, double check the webcam settings.

We will watching for further news when you have the time.

Thanks.

ATR