17 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2014 7:54 AM by JsV

Is mandatory to upgrade Premier 9 to Premier Pro or Premiere 12 ?

JsV

Hello Guys

I m currently using Adobe Premier 9 since i bought my new Dell PC in 2012.

I created several vodeo project without any issues during 2 years.

Recently i do not use Premiere for several Months.

Now, when i m trying to use this software (not necessary to remind you the licence cost :-)) ...i m not able to open any project ! impossible open a new project - just able to set a project name and to change/unchange video format setting in the windows and clic to ok ....but nothing appears afters (no timelime, non thumbs, nothing nothing...

I tried de uninstall/reinstall with my licence key ( my version is an official version, not a cracked one) ....nothing change

My Os is Windows 7 64 Ultimate (Genuine)

No video Cards issues detected ...every thing is ok.

I cannot believe that there is no another issue than to migrate to the next version ??????

Any body to help me ?

• 1. Re: Is mandatory to upgrade Premier 9 to Premier Pro or Premiere 12 ?
          Grizzly Level 2

Adobe software is not forward compatible. You should only be able to open projects from Premiere 9 or older.

I get that the Creative suite is quite expensive for the average human. But now, you can rent this software at a reasonable cost through Adobe Creative Cloud. That way you would always be up to date with the latest upgrades and innovations like the After Effects 3D titles and effects, camera tracking, the much improved Rototool, the dynamic link and much much more.

• 2. Re: Is mandatory to upgrade Premier 9 to Premier Pro or Premiere 12 ?
            Mark Mapes Adobe Employee

Discussion moved from the Premiere Pro forum to Premiere Elements.

• 3. Re: Is mandatory to upgrade Premier 9 to Premier Pro or Premiere 12 ?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

JsV

Let us go through the usual drill...

a. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your Windows 7 64 bit computer?

b. Have you actually confirmed that your video card/graphics card is up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card? How many cards do you have, 1 or 2?

c. Are you running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges and with Run As Administrator applied?

d. Are you working from the 9.0.1 Update? If not, please do so.

Adobe - Premiere Elements : For Windows : Premiere Elements 9.0.1 update

e. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus disabled?

How optimized is your computer?

For now, let us try to delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if necessary, the whole 9.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 9.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then you delete the whole 9.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

If all that does not work, then it is time for uninstall, free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts), reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

CCleaner - Download

Please review. We will be watching for further developments.

Any questions, need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Re: Is mandatory to upgrade Premier 9 to Premier Pro or Premiere 12 ?
                JsV Level 1

Hi AT.Romano

I m in job now, but i will check all your procedure as soon as i can and let you any progress

Many thank's for your help.

JsV

• 5. Re: Re: Is mandatory to upgrade Premier 9 to Premier Pro or Premiere 12 ?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

JsV

Thanks for the reply.

We will look forward to your follow up when your schedule permits.

ATR

• 6. Re: Is mandatory to upgrade Premier 9 to Premier Pro or Premiere 12 ?
                    JsV Level 1

a. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your Windows 7 64 bit computer?

• Yes , Quik Time 7.7.5 for W764 installed OK

b. Have you actually confirmed that your video card/graphics card is up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card? How many cards do you have, 1 or 2?

• 1 Graphic card NVIDIA G Force GT 525M - up to date Version 8.17.12.8577, A09

c. Are you running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges and with Run As Administrator applied?

• Yes my account is a local administrator

d. Are you working from the 9.0.1 Update? If not, please do so.

• just done today :-! up to date now

e. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus disabled ?

• Not tested

How optimized is your computer?

For now, let us try to delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if necessary, the whole 9.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 9.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then you delete the whole 9.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

• ok done !

If all that does not work, then it is time for uninstall, free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts), reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled

• hum ...do not work again.
                    • Let's go ahead for an full uninstall / reinstall whith applying the Premiere 9 update direcly after the re-install.
                    • Can i completely and manyly  deleted all the Premiere folders after the uninstall ?
                    • 7. Re: Is mandatory to upgrade Premier 9 to Premier Pro or Premiere 12 ?
                      JsV Level 1

Note one thing

After applying this procedure, i tried to create a new empty project without any succes...but now i v a new message which say in French " Suite à une erreur grave,Adobe Première Elements doit s'arrêter.Le programme va tenter d'enregistrer votre projet actuel " ! that should be some thing like that in english " Due to a critical issue,Adobe Premiere must stop now. The program will try to save your current project"..

An then when i click OK on the message box, an Premier empty project windows appears ! and that' s all...

creasy...Iv got a headache now....

thank's for your help in advance

• 8. Re: Is mandatory to upgrade Premier 9 to Premier Pro or Premiere 12 ?
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

JsV

We may have an advance on the issue based on the information that you posted in post numbered 6 of your thread where you wrote

1 Graphic card NVIDIA G Force GT 525M - up to date Version 8.17.12.8577, A09

Based on what I have read, that driver is dated 2012 and there appears to be a later on dated July 19, 2014

Please check about the following...

From the Dell Site

NVIDIA GT525M

Dated 3/12/2012

Version 8.17.12.8577

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/driverdetails?driverid=RRN66

From the NVIDIA Site

NVIDIA GT525M

Dated July 19, 2014

Version 340.52

NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Advanced Search

Please confirm this information with either NVIDIA or Dell. This may be the answer. Let us see.

Thank you.

ATR

• 9. Re: Is mandatory to upgrade Premier 9 to Premier Pro or Premiere 12 ?
                          JsV Level 1

Hello

I updated my graphic cards with the latested Nvidia Driver from Nvidia Web site you posted.

No issur for this upgraded : drivers version is now 9.18.13.4052 from 02/07/2014

but the problem still occur :-(

• 10. Re: Is mandatory to upgrade Premier 9 to Premier Pro or Premiere 12 ?
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

JsV

Did you try the July 2014 driver version 340.52 for your NVIDIA GT525M? Is there a particular reason why you went with the 9.18.13.4052 dated 02/07/2014?

Before we leave video card/graphics card involvement, let us delete the BadDrivers.txt file to put that part of the troubleshooting to rest. BadDrivers.txt file can be found in Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit

Local Disk C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in that 9.0 Folder should be the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete. If you do not see the BadDrivers.txt, then make sure that you have Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

If the above does not help to resolve the issue, then we should look at (if not looked at before)

a. downloading and installing an alternative free source of Premiere Elements 9 installation files

b. creating a new User Account with Administrative Privileges and downloading/installing/running Premiere Elements 9 using that new User Account with Administrative Privileges. Also work with Run As Administrator applied to the Premiere Elements 9 desktop icon.

We will be watching for your comments and results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 11. Re: Is mandatory to upgrade Premier 9 to Premier Pro or Premiere 12 ?
                              JsV Level 1

Hi

For the graphic cards drivers ; i used the nvidia web form filter wich is related to my systeme

http://www.nvidia.fr/download/driverResults.aspx/77329/fr

And the result was :

NvidiaDrivers.jpg

Deletion of BadDrivers.txt => done

Test by lauching Adobe and choose "Open a Project"

•      Opening is more faster than before => cool
                              •      Selection of on of my olds project => ok
                              •      Appearance of loading progress windows => ok
                              •      Wait for around 10 secondes => hum...
                              •      The progress windows close it self now => ok
                              •      But nothing else appears => KO

Where can i found this : "an alternative free source of Premiere Elements 9 installation files" in order to test the point b you mentionned in your last posted ?

And is this installation will work with my current licence code ?

Regards

• 12. Re: Is mandatory to upgrade Premier 9 to Premier Pro or Premiere 12 ?
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

JsV

Please remind me...how did you install your Premiere Elements 9 initially....from purchased online download file or from installation disc?

If online download, we might need to consider whether the purchased installation files are specific to the operating system to which they were downloaded - 32 bit versus 64 bit.

Otherwise...

As long as you have the purchased serial number for Premiere Elements 9, you should be able to download and install free Premiere Elements 9 tryout files from the following web site and during installation insert your purchased serial number to make this your working copy of 9. After the installation 9, do not forget to install the 9.0.1 Update (Help Menu/Update or from the Adobe link Adobe - Premiere Elements : For Windows : Premiere Elements 9.0.1 update  )

For the free Premiere Elements 9 tryout files, please click on the following and then read and carry out carefully the Note: Very Important Instructions in the web page.

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-9-premiere-elements-9-direct-download-links.h tml

ATR

• 13. Re: Is mandatory to upgrade Premier 9 to Premier Pro or Premiere 12 ?
                                  JsV Level 1

Hi A.T Romano

my Premiere Element was pruchased with  the installation CD

I 'll try to re-install it by downloading the trial version as mentionned on your post and let you know.

Regards

• 14. Re: Is mandatory to upgrade Premier 9 to Premier Pro or Premiere 12 ?
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

JsV

Thanks for trying the troubleshooting suggestions.

We will be watching for your results. Be sure to do the download and install of the program with the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

ATR

• 15. Re: Is mandatory to upgrade Premier 9 to Premier Pro or Premiere 12 ?
                                      JsV Level 1

Hello

Now is good. I can open some of my old project but not all.

I m able to create and open new project.

Now i have just an issue with the speed of my image. (More faster in the Adobe Premier than on my Camera.

But i think this last issue can be subject of a new tread :-)

Many thanks for your help.

• 16. Re: Is mandatory to upgrade Premier 9 to Premier Pro or Premiere 12 ?
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

JsV

Thanks for the update with the great news.

What was the major factor - the download of new files or something else?

We will be watching for further developments with regard speed of image, camera versus Premiere Elements.

Best wishes

ATR

• 17. Re: Is mandatory to upgrade Premier 9 to Premier Pro or Premiere 12 ?
                                          JsV Level 1

Hi

The download of new files + the Premiere Update followed my Graphic cards Update  sounds good.

I think these cumulates actions and the deletion of preferences folders was the good way to resolve this issue.

I m happy with that now.