2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2014 12:42 PM by A.T. Romano

Reloading Premiere Elements 9 on a new PC ?

Pat2687%

I've tried to reload Premiere Elements 9 with my DVD and my licence N° on a new computer but it doesn't work (message too many activations). I went to the Adobe /support/downloads but it seems that are only available versions N° 10 and 11. If anybody can tell me how to cope with the issue. Thanks.

Patrick

• 1. Re: Reloading Premiere Elements 9 on a new PC ?
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

1 - moved from Premiere PRO forum to Premiere Elements

2 - only Adobe can reset your activation count, try the link below

Serial number and activation chat support (non-CC)

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service1.html

• 2. Re: Reloading Premiere Elements 9 on a new PC ?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Pat2687%

Adobe allows you to put the same purchased Premiere Elements serial number on no more than 2 of your computers.

Before we get into the new computer, where was this Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 (with the same serial number) installed previously - how many computers?

Just one? If just one and you are getting a message about that serial number being on too many computers, then Adobe via its Adobe Chat is the only one to correct the count.

But....if you already had the serial number on two computers before you went to install the serial number on the new computer, then you have to deactivate the serial number from one of the other two computers before you can install that same serial number on the "3rd" computer. Deactivate and uninstall are not the same thing. We can talk about that later.

For Adobe Chat, you might try the following Premiere Elements link which at this moment has an active Chat Panel.

http://helpx.adobe.com/sea/contact.html?step=PRE_adobe-id-signing-in_stillNeedHelp

It is setup for

Premiere Elements

Adobe ID, Signing In

Adobe ID, Sign In, Account Help

Chat Panel

If it does not hold the set, you will have to navigate to the Chat Panel using the titles above a guides.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR