2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2016 2:49 PM by Wilf7994@gmail.com

auto sync audio and video

fredowww66 Level 1

For PE11 I read that there is an auto sync function for footage that was originally synced (and sync has been lost in the editing ...).

First stap is to link the audio and videofile again.

And than I read:

Even if you unlink the clips, Adobe Premiere Elements keeps track of the offset, and displays it again if you relink them. You can have Adobe Premiere Elements automatically resynchronize the clips. Depending on the clips, you can choose between two methods of synchronizing.

In the Expert view timeline, right‑click/ctrl-click the offset number of the clip you want to move and choose one of the following:

Move Into Sync
      Shifts the video or audio clip to synchronize them. Adjacent clips are overwritten as necessary to accommodate the shifting clips. If you have trimmed either clip, Adobe Premiere Elements aligns them as originally shot. Consequently, their In or Out points may not match.

Slip Into Sync
      Performs a slip edit to synchronize the video and audio. A slip edit maintains the position and duration of the clips in the tracks. It uses the trimmed frames as needed to shift the contents of the clips until aligned as originally shot.

The distance between the In and Out points and their location in the tracks remains the same. However, the position of the In and Out points in the original clip shifts. This option is available only if the clip contains sufficient trimmed frames to compensate for the offset.

If I right-click on the offsetnumber I don't see the options Move into sync and slip into sync.

Does this work for other people here ?

• 1. Re: auto sync audio and video
          A.T. Romano Level 7

fredowww66

This Synchronize Linked Clips feature does not work at least in Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1, 10, 11, and 12 Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit in spite of what the Help PDF says for these versions.

Adobe Premiere Elements 11 * Grouping, linking, and disabling clips

I have written about this for years. Still the situation persists where Adobe does not get the feature to work and/or does not remove the misinformation from the Help PDF.

If you want to see the feature working, please check out Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

ATR

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: auto sync audio and video
            Wilf7994@gmail.com

Unbelievable! A long while back I used Premiere Pro a lot and found it fantastic software. Then I stopped using it and restarted for hobby using PRE11 and now PRE15 (because it fixed some VERY irritating blatant GUI bugs). Now I read this. I am deeply upset to see that people (programmers, project manager) do not fix these issues especially when they were working just fine in an original version. Get out of my way, I gotta puke somewhere. It shows  how little respect they have for customers.