17 Replies Latest reply: Aug 29, 2014 10:42 PM by pwillener RSS

How

anheqingmale@yahoo.com

Could you please tell me how to convert PDF file to word file? I did converted successfully for months, but I can't do it now. Why?

• 1. Re: How
          ~graffiti CommunityMVP

What are you using to convert the file (Acrobat, ExportPDF...etc) and what exactly is happening?

• 2. Re: How
            anheqingmale@yahoo.com Community Member

Thank you. I used Acrobat. I pay it every year. In the previous months, I could convert from PDF to word when I opened a PDF file ,I just did a few clicks at the right upper corner and I could do it very fast, but now I can't find the things at the right upper corner that allows me to click.

Is that because I updated Adobe according to a notification?

Can you tell me how to find out the things at the right upper corner that allows me to click as before.

• 3. Re: How
              Rave Employee Hosts

Hi anheqingmale,

Open the pdfin Acrobat and go to 'File> Save As Other> Microsoft Word Document'

Regards,

Rave

• 4. Re: How
                ~graffiti CommunityMVP

Let's be sure that Acrobat is actually opening the pdf instead of Adobe Reader.

Open a pdf as you would normally do. If the "the things at the right upper corner that allows me to click" do not show up, please go to Help>About... and let us know if it says "About Adobe Acrobat" or "About Adobe Reader".

I ask because the only thing in the top right I know of to click on is not a part of Acrobat but it's a subscription service available through Adobe Reader.

Let us know what it says.

• 5. Re: How

I went to Help>About... and it says  "About Adobe Reader".  I remember it was "Adobe Acrobat" before, but I can't find it now. My subscription is effect until November. I should be able to use this function.

How can I get "Adobe Acrobat" back?

• 6. Re: How
                    pwillener CommunityMVP

It depends what you want...

If you want Acrobat to be your default PDF handler: open Adobe Reader (or Acrobat): Edit | Preferences | General: use the Select Default PDF Handler button to set it to Acrobat.

If you just want to edit/convert a single PDF: right-click on it, then select Edit with Acrobat.

Or just start Acrobat, then use File | Open to open a PDF in Acrobat.

• 7. Re: How

I tried “Edit | Preferences | General: use the Select Default PDF Handler button…”

But there was only one choice, that was “Adobe Reader XI (11.0.08)” at "Select Default PDF Handler". It did not list other choice besidesAdobe Reader XI(11.0.08)”.

I tried “right-click on it, then select Edit with Acrobat.”. There was no “Edit with Acrobat”.

I tried every way you said, none worked.

Should I uninstall “Adobe Reader XI(11.0.08)” or install “Acrobat”?

What should I do?

Thanks.

• 8. Re: How
                        ~graffiti CommunityMVP

Have you actually installed Acrobat? You say you pay for it every year so I'm assuming you have a cloud subscription? Are you sure you're paying for Acrobat and not "Create PDF"? Can you find Acrobat in Start>All programs?

• 9. Re: How

I pay $23.88 per year. I can't find Acrobat in Start>All programs now.

I converted from PDF to Word when I opened PDF files in the previous months. I can't do it now. That's why I asked.

Is there any virus cause the issue?

Should I download and install Acrobat? Where can I find this free download?

Thank you

• 10. Re: How
                            ~graffiti CommunityMVP

Ok. I don't think you're paying for Acrobat if it's only $23.88 per year since monthly it's roughly $20.00.

What you probably subscribed to is the PDF Pack services. You'll want to go to the forum for those services and post your question there (assuming that's what you actually have. I can't tell).

First, see if anything on this page helps.

Using Adobe PDF Pack

If not, go to the forum at Adobe PDF Pack

• 11. Re: How
                              pwillener CommunityMVP

From http://www.adobe.com/ click on Manage account.  Sign in with your Adobe ID and click on View all under Plans & Products.  You should see there what you are actually subscribed to.

• 12. Re: How

Thank you for all your efforts. It worked as usual when I used a new computer yesterday.

Is this because the old computer has problem or virus? How to solve it?

This was why Iasked "I did converted successfully for months, but I can't do it now."

• 13. Re: How
                                  pwillener CommunityMVP

You still haven't answered the question: do you use Acrobat, or the ExportPDF online service?

• 14. Re: How

It looks like mine is a computer problem, as I said:” It worked as usual when I used a new computer yesterday.”

Do you mean that you won't answer any questions if mine is "ExportPDF"? (I think mine is ExportPDF.)

Thank you.

• 15. Re: How
                                      pwillener CommunityMVP

You can use ExportPDF on any computer; you just need to sign in with your Adobe ID.

• 16. Re: How

Thank you.

Why there isn't a tool for me to sign in with the old computer. But it worked well several months ago.

How to solve this problem? I use the old computer more frequently.

--Heqing An Male

• 17. Re: How
                                          pwillener CommunityMVP

You should be able to sign-in in Adobe Reader [Edit | Preferences | Adobe Online Services].

Once you have signed in you should see your name on top of the Tools pane

tools_pane.PNG